Saturday, March 17, 2018

Working On The House

We have spent the last few weeks working on this house of ours with plans of selling in a few months.

Disclaimer: I say we but Rich is doing 90% of the work right now. He is retired and has the time; I work and am gone from home 10 hours a day. 

The first thing we decided to tackle was taking the old, worn out carpeting out of the bedrooms upstairs.

I had suspected that there might be hardwood floors underneath and I was right. What was surprising was what good shape they were in!

This is the first and smallest bedroom we worked on. I didn't get any before pictures but this is after we painted and put new shoe molding on. All we did to the floor is clean it and shine it up some. It's far from perfect but I think it's good enough!



Then next room was the second largest room. It had a pink carpet which Rich pulled up one day.

Then we took old wallpaper down and Rich had to fix a few areas of the walls that were bad.




We took two days to paint and then we cleaned the floor and shined it up. This is my favorite room!



The rugs are just two pieces of carpet remnant that we had sitting in the basement from when we had carpeting done in the family room about 12 years ago!  They are good enough!

We are currently in the process of working on the master bedroom. The carpet is up and the floor is a little rough in spots.



I'll do a post when we are done with the room!

Here's our little Maxwell. He caught a cold and doesn't feel good today :( His little cheeks get so rosy!



Until the next time....

8 comments:

  1. Your rooms look great! I love hard wood floors.

    What a cutie pie baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, poor little Maxwell. I hope he's better very soon. It just hurts our heart when our babies are sick. God bless him.

    Your house is coming along so nicely, buddy! When Patti bought this old house a few years ago, after pulling up the old nasty carpet we found hardwood in two of the rooms (the ones that had been added on in l977 ). They stunk so bad, but with my bro and sis-in-law, we got it done. A happy day to find that hardwood! I think some people who are looking to buy get turned off to see that ugliness and don't have the vision to see what it could look like.

    Love ya, and always happy to see you here. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of work but looks like it's all coming along nicely. I wish I would have found floors like that when we ripped up carpet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Those bedroom floors look wonderful and that wood floor is all the rage nowadays. (I prefer carpeting, but that's just me.) I didn't know you were planning on selling your home. Are you downsizing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my how Maxwell has grown. I would KILL to have those wood floors under my carpets. But, alas, there is only cement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want those floors! They are just beautiful too bad they were hidden for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog..your refurbishing looking good. Will come visit your blog often..added you to my blog list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my Goodness! Loving the wood flooring! Nothing better...
    When it sells, what then?
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!