Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day 2008

Tuesday was the final Secret Santa. This was my gift:



A strawberry scented candle that smells so good that I want to take a bite out of it!

I was lucky enough to have Wednesday off which was a good thing because we had 20 people over Wednesday night. I made a really good Christmas punch with cranberry cocktail, lemonade and lemon-lime soda. I thought I would have a bunch left over but it was pretty much gone.

Chris and Marissa came over early to exchange gifts because they were spending Christmas day with her father. Shauna and Brad came early too so we all got to open gifts before the rest of the family arrived. I got them all travel cases with samples of soap, shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant, q-tips, sunblock and mouthwash. I figured they could use them when we go on our cruise next month. We got a lot of nice gifts this year.

I did almost blow our house up because I stupidly turned the burner on the stove without making sure that it ignited, which it did not filling the kitchen with gas while we were sitting in the family room. The weird thing was that Rich and Shauna both heard someone knock on the front door and when Rich went to check he noticed the gas in the kitchen. There wasn't anyone at the front door, either. God watches over you even when you don't watch over yourself, you know?

So lots of family and a few friends were here and we had a blast eating and laughing and just having fun!

This morning Shauna came over and we opened more gifts. Then Rich made us breakfast. After Shauna left we went to see my MIL and then to dinner at my SIL Jackies.

It was a nice day. I am glad the holidays are winding down and now I can put my full concentration on the cruise, less than a month away!!

Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great Christmas celebration! I'm so glad God was looking out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that was your angel knocking on the door! Glad you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so great about the angel at the door!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you want to do the favorite things listing? How about the letter "R"?!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!