Wednesday, February 22, 2012

IKEA Table

Saturday I went to IKEA to find a small table to put here:


The small wall right inside the front door. I used to have a low end table there but it never did look right to me and I wanted something that the cats wouldn't think was another surface for them to lay on!

Man, that IKEA is one busy place..especially on a Saturday. And I'm pretty sure that the store is set up so you have to walk through practically the whole thing just to get to the checkout!

Anyway, I actually enjoyed walking around there and found what I thought would be the perfect table.


Bought it, brought it home and prepared to put it together.



After it got a thorough inspection from  the cats, that is!



So here is our new hall table! Actually it's a plant stand, but I think it's the perfect size for where it is. Max thinks so, too!
It looks black in this picture, but it's really a dark brown. And that flower pot is just temporary. I think a larger green silk plant would look nicer there so this weekend I'll be looking for that!

Plus it made a great shadow on the wall as you can see from the header picture!

Have a good week...see you on Saturday for another Brenda Photo Challenge!

9 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! I love the lines of that and the new header is pretty with the shadows! Oh, how I wished they had an Ikea around here. Thought it's best for my pocket book that they don't, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the way it looks! Great picture.

    My last IKEA visit was pre-knee replacement! Didn't enjoy the walk at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the table!! And thanks for the challenge reminder!!! Been so busy, I plum forgot!!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your new header, and the table. You really have such good taste!

    I hope to be able to be in the challenge Saturday. We'll see!!

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just going to say that I LOVE your new Header! Love the table too and I think the little blooming plant looks lovely on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's perfect!!! Maybe a fern would work on it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love anything IKEA and this is the reason why....you can always find something there. Simple but can be elegant. This is no exception. Love the little table you bought.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!