Monday, May 12, 2014

Chicago Part II

After we had lunch we decided to walk to the Navy Pier, which is something I always wanted to see.

We moseyed our way around lots of tall buildings and lots of people!  One of the highlights for me was seeing the Cloud Gate  sculpture otherwise known as "The Bean"


Because it just looks like a big, shiny bean!


Reflecting the beautiful sky....


And the buildings surrounding it...


And lots of people looking at it...


And even me taking a picture of it! (And my hair looking lovely in the Windy City!!!)


We eventually made it to Navy Pier.


Which was crowded and mostly under construction so it was somewhat of a disappointment, but the view from there back to the city was very nice!


And of course, it's always nice to see Lake Michigan! As a side note, I didn't get any pictures but a lot of the tour buses that were driving around had Pure Michigan ads on them! Cool!


Comfy looking cement benches!



This parking structure was crazy! I would be scared to park in this thing!

 So that was our little Chicago getaway. We walked about 10 miles I think and wore ourselves out but we  had a great time and plan to go back again soon!

And Brad's last day there was Friday so now he's home again and him and Shauna can start serious wedding planning!


4 comments:

  1. Great shots, buddy. I love the "bean" and the one of you taking a pic. :)

    Just a year left for wedding planning, right? I know things are gonna get SO exciting.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool shots Jeanete!!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I enjoyed those pictures! I love Chicago so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that sculpture, so clever to have it reflect everything like that.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!