Sunday, June 8, 2014

Happy Occasion Sad News

Last Saturday we went  Dominics birthday party.  The theme for his  party was "Dogs".  Along with the usual hot dogs and various salads, his mom made several different flavors of "puppy chow" like Birthday Cake, Peanut Butter and Jelly and my favorite Thin Mint Cookie! To die for good!

 Anyway, I was so busy eating way more than I should have that I forgot to take pictures of it!

So in keeping with the dog theme, Dominics cake looked like a bowl of dog food.


Which he wanted to eat just like a dog!!!



Yum!!!


It was a nice birthday party!  I can hardly believe he's 4 already!

On Sunday we got the sad news that Rich's brother in law Tom passed away in South Carolina. We weren't surprised because he had been sick for a while and under hospice care for the last few weeks. He was only 71 so he died too young. He had had esophageal cancer about 5 years ago and survived surgery and chemo. Unfortunately, he smoked for 45 years and emphysema finally got the best of him. 

He was a super nice guy and we will miss him a lot! I have great memories of the times we spent with him and Judy.  Rest in peace, Tom. 

We also took a little trip over the The Links of Novi where Shauna and Brad will be getting married next year. I wanted to see what it looked like on  May 30th which is the date of the wedding. They had all the flowers planted and it looked very pretty. 




We've got lots of stuff to do but it's getting pretty exciting!

Until the next time.....




9 comments:

  1. I was very sorry to hear about the death in your family. :(

    Dominic is FOUR?? Holy cow. The time is fleeting. He's so adorable. Love his cake. :)

    That's a beautiful place for the wedding. I know it will be wonderful.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. reminds, there's always two sides of the coin. and sometimes, we got them both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear of your sad news, never easy but i have found that memories of time spent together are alway there to bring a smile.
    Wow! What a fun birthday party! To fun and YUM! I love puppy chow! Thinking of you guys..

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the cake! I will have to tell in DIL about it. Her youngest (2 years old) likes to act like a dog - right down to crawling about and panting like a dog! He would love that cake!

    Sympathy for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw on FB, about Tom and wondered. What a great birthday cake--I think any child would dive into it and eat like a doggie--I know, I STILL would do it, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear of the passing of your bother-in-law. Cancer really does suck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea for the birthday cake...actually, the whole "dog" theme! A nice break from Spiderman! lol! And I'm so sorry about the loss in your family. My brother in law died from esophagus cancer when he was only 62. Very sad. And I suspect emphysema is very hard to deal with as well.

    Thank you so much for stopping by today!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great birthday cake and to get to eat like a dog must be every child's dream. Sorry to hear about your relative. You are right, 71 is way too young.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry for your loss. Happy Birthday to your little cutie- love the dog bowl cake!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!