Sunday, November 2, 2014

Random Stuff From Here and There

Bye bye summer...it's been a blast!

The weather is definitely fall-like now and some areas north of us have even had some snow, although we haven't seen any here yet. I'm totally not ready and praying that we don't have a repeat of last winter!

The cats can always find creative ways to stay warm though!



I saw this house on one of my walking routes. Apparently they can't bear to cut any flowers! Even if they do grow in the middle of the driveway!


And I saw this guy one time!


That was a nice surprise! This was literally a quarter mile from our house, in a small patch of woods that runs along a creek. In all my years of walking around here this was the first time I ever saw a deer! We both had a staring contest as I crept slowly closer. This was as close as I could get before she dashed into the woods!

This was a not so pleasant surprise I had recently! I hears a noise coming from the front of my car on my way home work one night and pulled into a parking lot to see what was going on..and this is what I saw! So I called Rich to be sure it was OK to drive it home like that. He said it was but to keep an eye on the tire pressure. Well, the bolt fell out while I was driving and I watched the pressure go down..down..down, so I pulled into another parking lot and ended up with this!


So I waited for Rich to come and change the tire for me! And by the time he got there it was pouring rain! He's my hero! LOL! I have no doubt I could probably change a tire myself and I do know how, but I don't know if I have the physical strength to get the spare on tight enough to drive on safely.

 We can't have tires flying off while we drive now, can we?

Finally, we booked a venue for the shower! It's is in a wonderful Italian restaurant called Antonio's Cucina Italiana! I've been to a shower there before and the food is really good and it's reasonably priced! We're excited! Less than 7 months to go before the wedding!

Until the next time!



 




9 comments:

  1. OH no! A flat tire? What a pain in the patootie.

    But that deer is so beautiful -- we have lots of them here, and sometimes waken to a herd of them standing in our driveway, staring at the house! Sometimes it's a little eerie -- a dozen deer and a buck, trying to psych us out. :-)

    And I think the table -- which we bought today, thanks for visiting BTW -- will indeed end up GREEN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hate flat tires! Glad you found it early on though! I don't "do" tires either!!Hahaaa
    Cool deer shot!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great capture of the deer. Sorry about the flat tire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting a flat tire really sucks, but thank God for our husbands...lol. Sometimes I see a deer or two where we live. I've never been lucky enough to get a picture though, so that's pretty cool... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry I didn't see this until now, buddy.

    Yeah, I'd have a hard time changing a tire. You may or may not remember me telling how Dad tried to teach, and he ended up saying "never mine, you'd just end killing yourself". I'm so glad that you were able to detect that and not have an accident on the road.

    I don't blame those people for having flowers in their driveway since this year I couldn't keep the grasshoppers from eating mine.

    At first I thought what you saw was a coyote you saw! You got really close. :)

    That sounds like a perfect place for a shower. You better watch out, I just might crash that party. 7 months will be here before you know it.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I often wonder what I would do if I had a flat tire. I have no Rich to call and there is no way I could lift the spare out of the trunk. Well--if it happens, I will figure it out. Love the flowers growing in the driveway cracks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good thing you pulled over to investigate the noise! I got a bolt like that in one of my tires when driving to work about 10 years ago. Fortunately, I was about a tenth of a mile from parking. I parked, saw the bolt in the tire, and called AAA once I got to my office. A mechanic came to change the tire for me, and called my phone in order to meet me out on the street. Thank goodness for AAA because I'm not strong enough to lift a tire anymore. Gosh, my husband isn't strong enough to do that these days either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't changed a tire before. Usually it's done by my hubby or someone else.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!