Wednesday, September 13, 2017

On My Phone and On My Mind

First I want to say that I am so thankful that my friends that live in Florida came through hurricane Irma OK. Especially my friend Celia who lives in Southern Florida and was one of the hardest hit. I will keep them, as well as everyone affected by Irma, Harvey and the awful wildfires in Northwest in my thoughts and prayers as they continue to suffer the effects of these natural disasters.

Never been so glad to live in Michigan as I am now!

Anyway, here are some things on my phone lately.

Rich and I went and walked around the State Fair a few weeks ago.


This cow belongs to the Michigan Milk Producers Association, where my mom worked and retired from. She was a lab tech testing milk from the local dairy farms for bacteria and antibiotic levels. She loved it! Speaking of my mom, today would have been her 85th birthday. I miss her so much still!


This cow and calf made of butter. I wonder if its solid butter or just butter smoothed out over a form?


In keeping with the cow theme, all of the cows were tied so close to the fence that they could not move. I know next to nothing about cows so I assume it was to keep them calm, even though this one looked anything but!


It's a little hard to see but this is an entire miniature farm built on a wagon.


 Last Saturday we went to the Eastern Market, which is a gigantic farmers marked in Detroit. All of the produce you see above cost less than $25. I love going to the Eastern Marked but usually only make it there once a year!


These jack fruits are so intimidating looking! I have never bought one but I hear they are hard to work with and taste something between a pineapple and a squash!


I had to do some patient chart training at work and I just had to take a picture of this part of it. It may be hard to see but in the first red outlined box where you are supposed to mark the patient's gender identity is  the usual man-boy, woman-girl, trans man, trans woman but also it says "Two-Spirit". What the he** is a Two Spirit?! I wouldn't even want to guess! 

I'm only going to say that things are getting beyond ridiculous any more! 



Lastly here is a picture of my all-boy little grandson, Maxwell! He's starting to know me really well and gets excited when he sees  me!

He's totally captured my heart!

Until the next time!!!


2 comments:

  1. Two-Spirit may be the one that is, like the "Q" in LBGTQ?
    Hey-I'll bet your Mom tested some of our cows milk.
    Our milk cows were Grade "A", Grade "B" was used for cheese and stuff like that.
    Our milk was shipped to Sealtest Dairy in Detroit, so you probably drank some of the milk from our cows. Cool, Eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maxwell, be still my heart! Love him!

    I have absolutely no idea what 'two spirit' would be, and probably don't even want to know.

    Your friend was on my mind also! I hope she didn't suffer any damage.

    All I know about cows you could put in a nutshell. I will say this, when I was over home at the farm a couple/three months ago. You can see some of them at the kitchen window. I walked out there to see up close, and they ran away! I'm not kidding. LOL

    The produce looks yummy! I know you miss your mom, I miss mine also. I used to take her to the Farmer's Market in Jacksonville, and it would seem like we there for hours. She looked at everything, and bought about everything. She did a lot of freezing and canning. Sure wish I had some of her delicious meals.

    It's good to see you, buddy. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!