We are finally getting to the finish line with all the work we have been doing to this house.
Some things we did I did not take pictures of:
Repaired sagging drywall on the ceiling of the dinette area. We had a leak in the upstairs bath toilet which caused the drywall to get wet and sag. It sat there for more years than I want to admit because it's embarrassing. But alas, potential buyers would not appreciate it. Rich got a quote from a company about having it replaced and it was over $700 so he did it himself. He did a good job, too!
Replaced some landscaping bricks that were crumbled and trimmed or cut down a lot of bushes. Our next door neighbors don't take care of their property very well. He only runs the lawnmower when the grass gets too long but doesn't trim anything. They have bushes on their property line that were growing on to our property an looked messy so Rich cut them back. Bags and bags of branches and leaves!
We have two furnaces in our house. One for the main house and a smaller one for the large added on family room. The heating part of the smaller furnace hasn't worked in a few years and we have been using space heaters in the winter. But once again, that would be something that potential buyers would not appreciate so we called a furnace company. They came out and it cost us $132 for them to tell us that the thermostat was bad and it would cost us $650 to replace it! Well their thermostats must be lined in gold because I went to the hardware store and bought one for $25 and Rich installed it. It's not fancy but it is programmable so it's perfect! Jeez!
Rich repaired a some cracks in our driveway and patio. This is one of the longest.
This was the widest in the back off of the patio.
We actually did do something for ourselves too. This dining room set was my grandmothers.
We plan on taking getting rid of our dinette set and taking this one with us when we move. The chairs used to be covered with blue checked material.
It was nice when we had the blue carpet in that room but they were hard to keep clean and a cat hair magnet!
So we replaced the cushion covers with black vinyl.
They look much better and will go well in the new place we will be moving to. Plus, no more cat hair!
More on the new place later....I don't want to jinx it!
And of course, here is my usual picture of Maxwell.
Static cling! His dad put this picture on SnapChat!
Well, next time I update our house should be on the market and I'll be able to tell you about the new place.