Tuesday, August 7, 2018

(sigh)

Well, I thought this next post would be all about how we sold our house and the new place we would be moving to.

But...

Our house hasn't sold yet and we are probably going to lose our new place because they won't hold it forever!

We've had plenty of lookers and most of them seem to indicate the house needs a lot of updating. I think it's because there is a lot of wood trim around the windows and doors and also wood crown molding throughout the house. Nowadays people like white trim on everything.

I'm discouraged and stressed and depressed and just don't want to deal anymore!

We are probably going to be taking it off the market soon and trying again in the Spring.

If we do we will update some more but painting all that molding white is not going to happen! We'll just have to wait for the right person to come along!

We did replace this light fixture in the dining room.



I do like the new one better.

Anyway! That's all for the gloom and doom. I don't want to talk about it any more!

My work moved into our new facility two weeks ago. It was chaos for a few days but things are settling down now. My new desk is small but sufficient for what I need.


The table with my computer monitors raises and lowers so I can stand or sit!

The room where my desk is is right by a big sliding door to outside so it's very humid in there right now and I'm sure I will be freezing in the Winter! I can't move from room to room without swiping my badge, which sounds like no big deal but it can get pretty annoying.

But I can actually look out of a window!



And we do have a nice break room. There is two large refrigerators, a couple coffee machines, microwaves and an ice and water machine! Plus plenty of tables.



Best of all I don't have to take a bus anymore, which means that I can leave later in the morning and get home earlier in the afternoon! It's all good!!!

Maxwell got his first haircut. They took him to a place called Cookie Cutters Haircuts for Kids.



He sat on his dads lap and stayed still for a while but he has the attention span of a 18 month old so she had to be quick!

He looks so cute though and they saved his curls!




I took a day off last week to babysit him and he was helping himself to my Fruit and Chia Cup! He had chia seeds stuck everywhere!


He also likes to hide behind doors!


He is without a doubt the joy of my life!



Everything is going good with Shauna's pregnancy! She's at 28 weeks now! Can't wait to meet our new little guy!

That's all for now...

Thanks for the listening ear!






























4 comments:

  1. I know you must be disappointed about the house not selling yet. But, it will because someone will love it the way it is now. I wouldn't be painting either!

    Maxwell? OMGoodness, could he be any cuter? NOPE! Love the new haircut, and that he is all boy! And, just think, he's soon to be a big brother! They will grow up to be best friends, how sweet is that!

    I like that you won't be having to leave early for work, and later to get home. That's another bright spot!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nerve wracking can it get?!!!
    You'd probably sell it quicker if you moved out and it was empty--looking larger, but...
    how can you do that without the $$$ from the sale of the house?
    I couldn't take it! Glad you have your job, it will help distract you from worrying hour after hour about the house.
    Yeah--sorry, but you do need to pain the ceiling molding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GoodNess gracious, yall haven't had a buyer yet? You're right, nowadays people want every possible upgrade they can get. I watch some of the home shows, and yeah. Seems people either put a lot if money to upgrade before they try to sell. Or the seller buys for less, and do it themselves. It's not a win win either way.

    Thinking of you buddy.
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by. I feel so bad for you with the difficulties in selling your house. I hope the situation has improved. If you lost the other house, there will be others that you will find. Sending best wishes for a happy ending to this stressful time. I know it's hard.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!