Saturday, July 18, 2020

The Days Move Along

I figured when I retired the days would move fast but I didn't realize they would fly by like they are! Or it could be just that Summer always seems to go so fast!

Anyway, I go to Shauna's at least 1-2 times a week and she brings the boys over at least once every week. 


We bought a little pool so they can play outside and Nonnie can keep her feet cool while they play! 




My friend and I went to an estate sale last week at a house not too far from us. Someone was an avid collector of Hot Wheels cars and there were hundreds of them in this one room! I would have bought a bunch for the grandsons but they were asking way too much for them! I think they were probably rare and collector editions! 


It was a very nice house but the the best part was the backyard and pool area! It was huge and absolutely beautiful! I wish I had taken more pictures! 

We borrowed Shauna and Brad's power washer and washed our house finally. We meant to do it last year but never got around to it. I believe this is the first time it was ever power washed and it was pretty dirty! It took us 2 days. 


Can you see the difference in the gutter above Rich's head?


I like they way the sun was shining through the mist in this picture! 


Lastly, I tried a recipe for low carb noodles and it wasn't too bad. They are made with 2 eggs and 1 oz. cream cheese blended and baked . They were pretty good but not something I would like without some kind of sauce or gravy on them. Not a bad substitute for pasta, though.

That's about it for me for now. Tomorrow we may make our yearly journey to Bronner Christmas Store in Frankenmuth to get the personalized ornaments for the boys. 

Until the next time...stay well and stay safe. 



12 comments:

  1. The boys are just the right age to really enjoy the little pool! I DO see the difference in the dirty and clean parts of the gutter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of little cars, too bad they were expensive. With that many it may take a while to get them sold. A pool is such fun for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a lot of hot wheels. Nice to have a collection but I'd rather see them dirty and used looking because kids had fun playing with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hard work to power wash the house but it looked good! Glad you can spend a lot of time with your grand kids! Cute idea with the little pool!

    It is amazing how time can go by when one is not working. I'm still work temporarily but I remember when I was between jobs that the days did go by relatively fast.

    Our rental house that we bought, which son and his family live in, the owner before collected Chevrolet cars . He had an office exclusively filled with those cars. He kept the original boxes they came in too. I wondered how long it took him to pack up that room when they moved!

    Have fun visiting the Christmas store!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes, Rich is brave!!!! (and not me, just saying). Thank you so much for sharing, sure made me smile. Have a safe trip (and ps. I won't tell your governor (lololol). Our governor has been making daily edicts, more on tomorrows post, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello...I saw you comment on another blog today & thought I'd stop in to say hello. Awww, your grandsons are at a wonderful age. They grow up so far (my grandsons are 31 & 23!!)

    Enjoy your summer days...AND retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww those little boys! They're growing up too fast, and so precious! I know you are really enjoying being able to finally get to be around them. The pool was a great idea too!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun to be able to spend so much time with your grandsons.
    My hoysebcould use powerwashed too. It's never been done and it's looking kind of bad

    ReplyDelete
  9. The little pool is a great idea for the three of you. ;)
    The hot wheel collector really must have loved them, that is a LOT!!
    Congrats on getting the power washing done, what a nice improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you're able to spend time with the grandsons. The pool is a great idea, we can not find any kind of pool in my area.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW that pool area! Makes me jealous. Ours sits in full sun throughout the day and as I do not "do" full sun, we typically swim much later in the day. But the water has been so wonderful for the past few weeks, since it got so hot. That is quite a toy car collection; boggles the mind. Our house needs power washing too! I shall have to nag a bit but we'll get it done before the leaves fall. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, since I retired, time has gone by faster than at any other time in my life. It is flying past and I want it to slow down; go as slow as it did all those years sitting behind a desk at work. :) The boys are so cute. I could use a pool like that these hot days. Thak you for visiting.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!