Monday, March 15, 2021

This, That and A Blue Jean Jacket

There has not been much going on around here lately. We enjoyed a few days of sunny, warm weather but now it's back to being cold again. Ug! It won't last for too long, though.

Last Monday was pretty windy and our house sits on the top of a hill. The wind can be stronger here and it will catch the front screen door and fling it open if your not careful. Shauna and the boys were over and Levi was standing at the screen door looking out. We didn't realize he had opened the door and the next thing we knew the wind pulled the door open and flung him out onto the deck! 


Here he is with the offending door behind him! Thankfully he wasn't hurt, just scared!


Levi and Maxwell both had little colds last week so I didn't see them after Monday for the rest of the week and weekend. They are feeling much better now. 

My friend and I went shopping at JCPenney on Saturday. The store is closing and they have everything 40-60% off. I found a few summer tops for a good deal. I also saw a blue jean jacket that I liked. It was marked down from $50 to $30. I've always wanted one but never bought one for some reason. I decided to take my chances and see if the price would go down more in a week or so.  

The next day I went online to see if there were any other stores that had deals on jean jackets. It just so happened that 0ld N@vy was advertising their jean jackets on sale for $15 for that day only. I drove to the closest store which was about 8 miles away and found one I liked. When I brought it to the cashier she told me the sale price was only if you ordered it online. I guess I misunderstood the ad! 

I was going to go outside to my car, order and pay for the jacket online and then arrange to pick it up at the door a few minutes later! Luckily she kindly only charged me the $15 for the jacket so I didn't have to do that! She said that the ad was confusing. 


Anyway, here it is. I saw another blogger a long time ago put some pins on her blue jean jacket and I thought it looked cute! I put my flag pin that I used to wear at work along with a crystal cross that belonged to my mom. It's hard to tell but the flower pin on the other side is made of pink ribbons for breast cancer research. I put that on in honor of our niece, Ann, who lost her battle with metastatic breast cancer a year ago. 

That's pretty much it for me right now. I haven't heard from anyone that we signed up to about getting the COVID vaccine yet. I would rather hold out for the Johnson and Johnson vaccine anyway. Hopefully by the time summer vacation hits! 

Until the next time, stay safe and well my friends. 

15 comments:

  1. Poor little Levi! I'm so glad he is ok. Love your new jacket and really love the idea of the pins, I never thought of that. I have a jean jacket and I have tons of meaningful pins. Such a great idea, thanks! I hope it warms up again soon, can't be too much longer spring is almost here! Have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was enjoying that warm weatehr too - and now it's soo windy and it's snowing!
    Your grandsn is so cute! Glad he wasn't hurt.
    Your jacket is so cute and what a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First let me say, my condolences on the loss of your niece. That is a heartbreak, I know. I love all of my nieces so much, I cannot imagine losing one of them, much less in such a way. Your jacket is adorable and WHAT a good deal! How nice of the cashier to come your way and make it easier for you to get it. I love the idea of putting pins on it. My jean jackets are pinless but I may have to rethink that! I never had one until a few years ago and then I bought three, plus two denim vests. I love them as layering pieces. I'm so glad Levi wasn't harmed when the door flew open. Bless his heart. And colds! Ugh! Hoping they are all better now. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a freak accident with the door, so glad there wer no injuries! Now I want to see the entire jacket...the pins DO look so cute on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad Levi wasn't hurt. I bet that did scare him. The wind caught my storm door one time and tore it right off the hinges.
    I've wanted a jean jacket also. I hate when online ads are confusing like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cutie-patootie little Levi is!! I'll bet that door did scare him, poor fella. Our JCPenney closed quite awhile ago... one of the last "anchor stores" in the now defunct shopping mall in our town. First it was Penney's and then Carson Pirie Scott & finally Sears... now all gone. Makes me sad. I still miss the Sears Wishbook at Christmas time. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a black jacket that I put pins on. I really like the look. Glad you were able to get the jacket for $15.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a cool jacket and so great that you put your pins on it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love pins on my jean jacket too!! We're hip like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh the poor little kid!!!!!! Being blown out to the deck! Do you read him "Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day"???????

    My husband, a pharmacist, prefers the J&J. But it's not available. Interesting to see someone, who says this, though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your jean jacket - I have one that is OLD and love it.
    The nearest JC Penny to us (LaVale) closed about a year and a half ago.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poor Levi; I bet he'll never forget the windy/door incident.
    I love your denim jacket. I have a blue one (super old) and a white one only a few years old; I love them so much.
    My Lauren collects pins when she (used to) travels and adds them all over it; it's really cute.
    Sorry about your niece; breast cancer is a horrific disease and I pray that one day it is eradicated.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jeanette. Your geand, Levi, is adorable. He must have been scared out of his wits when the wind blew him onto the deck. Thank you so much for stopping by Writing Straight from the Heart and commenting, too. You know the effort that goes into doing a blog so one appreciates anyone who takes the time to stop and comment. Thanks so much and stop by any time. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cutie! I do miss the little ones in my life now that mine are all teenagers! We also have to fight with the doors when the strong winds blow off the ocean. Your jacket story reminded me that I have one somewhere. When I get back to my home I will have to look it up. After all, we are never too old to wear denim, right?💖

    ReplyDelete
  15. My oh my...that cashier is a hero!!! At $15? What a deal. I have pins, but no Jean jacket. Bummer.

    It's interesting to know a pharmacist prefers the J&J vaccine!!!

    And poor Levi...what a sweet one he is. Heck, it woulda scared the daylights out of me too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!

Phone Photo Dump

 Time for another purge of the photos I collect on my phone!  The boys were playing with kinetic sand and it is a little oily.  Levi left hi...