Friday, August 12, 2022

Finally an Estate Sale

Boy, this year has really been lacking in Estate Sales! It's probably been more than a month since I went to the last one. 

I was glad to see this sign while running my errands today so of course I had to stop! 

You can't even see the house from the street it was set so far back down this long driveway!  



This was the best pictures I could get of the house. It was surrounded by trees on a huge, beautiful lot! 

 
This is the backyard. I took this picture out of a window in the walk out basement. 

The inside of the house was really unremarkable. It needs a lot of updating. 


It did have a finished basement with a nice sitting area and fireplace. 


 
There was also a bedroom (not pictured) and a game room with a bar. 

Anyway, here's some of the stuff for sale. 


A whole cupboard full of free coffee mugs! 


There was a decent amount of jewelry.



I thought these two pins were really cute. I didn't buy them though. 


This ring was interesting, and it had some weight to it. I thought maybe it might be worth more than a dollar until I saw "Avon" on the back! 



I almost bought this box of glass globe bowls. I've seen some cute crafts using those kinds of bowls, but I passed. I don't need to add to my collection of supplies for crafts I've yet to do! 



Here's something I haven't seen in a long time, electric scissors! They looked brand new, too! 

For a change I didn't leave this Estate Sale empty handed!


I bought this beautiful box in perfect condition! I love when I find boxes like this! I have several of them that I have found at estate sales. I use them for a variety of things! I don't know what this one will be used for yet, but I was excited to get it! 


I bought this bracelet, too. I don't know why because I seldom wear bracelets, but I thought it was pretty, so I bought it! 

Today was the second day of the sale so everything was 50% off. I paid $1 for the box and 50¢ for the bracelet. Can't beat that! 

I heard someone ask the person who was running the estate sale if the house was for sale and they said it sold in less than 24 hours after listing! Whoever bought it probably paid a fortune for it too considering it's in a very desirable area with a huge lot! I wasn't able to find a listing on it but my guess is it probably sold for around $450-500 thousand. 

Anyway, it's always fun to go to Estate Sales! 

In other news, Rich has started to use his metal detector again so we've been to a few places. In the next post I'll show you some of the "treasures" we found! 

Until then stay safe and well, my friends! 







29 comments:

  1. Wow, aren't free mugs unusual? I love your bracelet, it looks like aquamarine stones. And the box is gorgeous, I love these and am always looking for them. What prices!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the box - and the price. Since you have been posting about estate sales, I ran across a sign for one. I never noticed before. I didn't go, but maybe when the weather gets cooler I will go.

    I'd love to get a metal detector - when our lakes get low from the drought, there are old towns that used to be under the lake, that start to emerge and I think it would be so neat to look around. Plus any lake recreation area, boat ramps, etc. you can find coins, watches etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun metal detecting and so exciting when you find something!

      Delete
  3. A house that far off the road is always interesting to see. You got some great deals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty box and bracelet! And such bargains! I'd be curious how many people took them up with the free coffee mugs. When we were cleaning out my in-laws' house, they had over 80 coffee mugs. She was a teacher so there were lots of teacher ones (I'm assuming gifts). We passed the majority of them on to the thrift store there.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were several people taking coffee mugs. I didn't because I already have too many as it is!

      Delete
  5. Did you take a free mug? I'm glad you found something to buy and I admire your willpower at passing on craft supplies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't! I already have too many but I can't say for sure I wouldn't have if there was one I really loved!

      Delete
  6. I’m excited to hear about the metal detector finds! I love treasure hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the treasures you found, Jeanette! That bracelet is indeed pretty and so is the box. You mentioned in my comment section of possibly coming to southwest Michigan soon. You be sure to let me know, ok? We'll meet for lunch....my treat. I'm going to be at oldest daughter's house to pet-sit from August 16th until August 26th, so I won't be home for those 10 days. Other than that I'm always free and ready. And if it doesn't work out this time, we'll do it again the next time you travel this way. No worries. ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love both of them! I've actually worn the bracelet a few times even thought I said I seldom wear bracelets!

      Delete
  8. Oh that beautiful box!!!!!!! What a wonderful find. And you have found more.

    Who can't use a pretty box, often????????

    💛 💛 💛 💛

    ReplyDelete
  9. As soon as I saw that ring, I remembered my mom had one just like that back in the 70's and yep it was from Avon. They made decent costume jewelry back then.
    I LOVE nice boxes and would picked that one up myself. They are so many uses for them I know you'll come up with the perfect thing. The bracelet is cute too. Bracelets are something I wear often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Avon did make nice jewelry back then! Since I posted about the bracelet I've worn it several times! I guess I lied!!!

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow loveeeeeeee the box and bracelet. houses here are going for that price here, hence why we are sticking with a mobile home. Those are getting up in price too. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I recognized that Avon ring!!
    I love those types of boxes too and I often will use them to 'wrap' a gift. You know, put a sweet present in the box and it's a two-for!

    I can't wait to see why kinds of treasures you guys have been unearthing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea to use a box like that for a gift. Gives me ideas for my daughter for Christmas!

      Delete
  13. That is a pretty bracelet! And for fifty cents! Cute box, too! Good job. For a property like that, I would be willing to do a lot of renovating! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love estate sales too!!! It's been YEARS for me to go for a lookie-loo.
    I can't wait to see what you found using the detector!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I encourage you to go! They are a lot of fun!

      Delete
  15. Oh, how fun. I used to go to garage sales all the time when the kids were babies. I found it addicting. I went to a few estate sales and I once bought a kitchen table that we used for YEARS. It was a great find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are definitely some great deals at estate sales!

      Delete
  16. I love the box! Very pretty bracelet also. It kind of reminded me of what was used to be calle (I think) scarab? I have been to a sale in years. Maybe I'll see if my sis in law would like to go. It can't be on a Friday though; that's there 'date day'. I'm still sitting here thinking that in January they will be married 50 years. I'm actually proud of them but the years have flown by so fast. My Patti was a flower girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty box and bracelet. I can't pass up a deal either! I see estate sales on facebook but I have never actually gone to one. Veronica and I hit the thrift stores quite often and she always finds books and movies to add to her collection.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!