Sunday, March 19, 2023

Estate Sale (Here We Go)

It's the beginning of Estate Sale season and I just happened upon this one that was pretty close to my house. 

I couldn't find a real estate listing so maybe they haven't listed it yet or maybe someone in the family is taking it over. It was valued at $435,000.

It was pretty unremarkable inside. 

There was a table full of jewelry. I did not buy any jewelry this time. 

There was these antique glasses for $100

Pass! I did like this set of gold-plated flatware. 

Pretty but not for me! 

This tea set was nice if roosters are your thing!

I see a lot of these at estate sales these days.

They are so popular right now. They were asking $125 for this one. 

I have to say that at all the estate sales I go to I have never seen a basement so full of stuff like this one was! 




A few interesting things down there. 

This rectangular glass tray had a bunch of little cups with legs in it. I have no idea what would be used for. Someone said it was a sushi plate and the cups were for the different sauces but I've never seen anything like it. 

I thought these cat figurines were interesting. 

And this doll was a little creepy! 

I liked this sewing box. I have one similar to it but smaller. 


It was loaded with sewing stuff, too!

Tempting but not for $150! 

Here's what I did buy. 


This Starbucks mug even though it's a Christmas mug and I don't have room for it in my cupboard. I liked that it's tall and sturdy feeling. 

This big jar of Legos! Can't have too many of them! 

And this bag of Christmas bows!

I knew it wouldn't take long to find more bows, and now I can finish my Christmas wreath! 

Total spent: $12 but only because the Legos are expensive! Even at estate sales! 

I have another project I'm working on and will tell you about it on my next post! And of course another Estate Sale after that! 

See you then! 

19 comments:

  1. Glad you found some items to take home. Some of those things you listed seem awfully expensive. $125 for that ceramic tree is rather outrageous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This particular estate sale company is more expensive than the other ones!

      Delete
  2. My mom’s basement has that much stuff, but it’s on shelves or in boxes, mostly. I’m going through it a little at a time. Do you think the estate sales are worth it to the owner? It’s something we may have to do, down the line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it may be. They do most of the work and lots of advertising. I would think they take a hefty commission though. I'm curious to see how it works for you if you ever decide to hire one.

      Delete
  3. I probably would have grabbed the doll. Circa early 1900's. My mother play with some similar to this one...I still have them.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...for an estate sale, the price tags were high!! And yes, I agree, that doll IS creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems like this was a pricy sale. You did good though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember my mom and grandmothers had those christmas trees. I've seen they've become very popular lately but 125.00 seems a bit high. So glad you found bows so you can finish your wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I rarely buy anything at estate sales, but it's fun to look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa, a lot of stuff at this one. Nice haul for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Things are pretty expensive. I bought a sewing case just like that one at an auction for $20!
    I agree that doll is creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this estate sale is like shopping at Goodwill, minus the cheap prices. I agree that the doll is creepy. And I have never seen a tray with cups like this either. But darn, the glasses cost the same as the entire set of gold flatware in a wooden box! How is that fair pricing? I would have loved the full sewing box.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like estate sales but I find I can get things cheaper at a yard sale. However, I don't usually feel like getting out in the heat of the summer to yard sale.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like to go to estate sales you can find little treasures sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice finds, Jeanette, especially the Legos. Good luck with the project.

    ReplyDelete
  14. interesting estate sales, don't think we have such sales over here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great finds! I too love tall mugs.
    Leggos hold their value, year after year and your grand boys will enjoy them for many years to come.
    Do you think the glass/rectangular tray might be for deviled eggs?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holy cow - that is a ton of stuff. My sis in law, like you, enjoys estate sales! I used to but not inclined now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those ceramic trees, hahaha ... I think I used to have one many years ago, pretty sure it had been given to me by someone who used it for a long time first. I don't want that kind of thing anymore but I think the nostalgia motivates some to buy them! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!