Thursday, May 25, 2023

This N That

My son-in-law was out of town for work last week and we went to Shauna's for dinner one night. She cooked us a delicious dinner and afterwards we took the boys for ice cream and to Downtown Plymouth Kellogg Park to run around. We had fun and it gave Shauna a nice little break! 


They had fun throwing pennies into the fountain and running around it! 

Took a walk in our community and came upon these red headed herons.  (Correction: They are sandhill cranes) 

It's unusual to see them in our park. They were not too happy to have me walking behind them! 

This is Phoebe. 


One of my former coworkers asked me to check on her little dog occasionally when her and her husband work long days. She's a cutie and it's fun to take a dog for a walk again. It's been quite a while!  

Rich is working a new job at Kroger in the produce department. He likes it and it sure beats driving for Uber eats! 

My job is coming along ok. My hours are a little crazy right now, mostly working the later shift. I don't mind especially when the boys get out of school for the summer.  I will be able to spend more days with them. 

Shauna got me this for Mother's Day. 


It's a succulent garden Lego kit and has over 700 pieces! I already started on it. I'll show the finished project when I get done. 

Levi went to kindergarten orientation last week. 

Shauna and Brad were undecided whether to put him in regular kindergarten or young 5's kindergarten since he won't turn 5 until the end of September. Luckily the school district is blending the two grades together due to not enough students for the young 5's. Levi will do just fine but get the extra help if he needs it. 

That's about it for me. I haven't been to any estate sales lately. Either I've been too busy or there aren't any close enough to my house. I hope to remedy that soon! 

See you the next time! 


13 comments:

  1. I think these are Sandhill Cranes!! How awesome! They are worshipped in some Asian countries. How I love this Lego set, it will be gorgeous! I sure hope you post it when you finish. It must have cost a lot, too, even the tiny Lego kits are not cheap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginny. You could be right but I'm not sure. There are quite a few around here and when they fly their necks are bent back which I thought was a heron. No matter! They were huge and not happy to see me!

      Delete
  2. Your grandsons are so cute! Glad you had some family time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red headed herons! I did not know there was were red herons. We have gray and blue here, which may be the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet Shauna appreciated the break as much as you enjoyed hanging out with the boys.
    Phoebe is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The boys are adorable! Enjoy the gift you've got for Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A nice treat to go out for ice cream. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun to have the kids! Seeing those herons that close had to be cool.
    I love the legos - never saw anything like that before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We only get blue herons here. That's neat that there were two. That Lego kit looks really neat! I've never seen anything like it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The boys are too precious! I know you love spending time with them...And, I would have imagined you had the Lego put together by now! lolol
    It's going to be SO pretty sweet friend!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your grandsons are so cute. I've seen the lego flower sets and they are so pretty. Have fun putting it together. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cranes are lovely; they tuft of hair is always so cute to me.
    You are the sweetest to check in on Phoebe; I hate it when people have to leave their dogs alone/inside more than they want.
    Levi is such a doll! He's gonna have a blast this year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That Lego kit is amazing, Jeanette! Can't wait to see it when you're done! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!