Thursday, November 30, 2023

Thanksgiving and Other Stuff

Thanksgiving was nice. I didn't take many pictures as usual because I was in the moment. I did take this one though


Along with their personalized Christmas ornaments I gave the boys kits to make their own light up ceramic Christmas trees! They both started painting them as soon as they got them! 

These are their ornaments for this year. 



My job is going great. It's an adventure that's for sure. The first day I worked one of the concierges came in for her shift and promptly quit!  Then a few days later we find out the company has been sold and the name will be changing in the middle of December! 

On Sunday while I was working one of the residents in the memory Care wing pulled the fire alarm thinking it would open the door and they could escape! It took the fire department an hour to turn it off! All the residents were coming up to the desk wondering what was going on! 

I got my house decorated for Christmas. As much as I'm going to do, anyway. I put up the snowmen and my big and miniature trees.  



This is my newest snowman for this year. 


It's actually an accessory to the Dickins village they have at Bronner's. It's only about an inch or so tall but I thought it was so cute! It's called "sorry...NOT" 

Here's the bow wreath I started to make last February, ran out of bows and finished in May when I bought some more at an estate sale! 



I think it looks pretty against the blue door. 


All the trees including the miniature one. That white thing in the front right is a diffuser. I just decorated it to make it fit in! 

Here's my newest miniature ornament. 


A little cake with a slice out of it! 

Shauna and Brad and the boys are leaving for Florida on Saturday. Brad knows someone that works for Disney and they got free tickets to 2 of the parks. I'll miss them but they will have a blast! 

That's it for me for now.

Take care and thanks for stopping by! 

14 comments:

  1. Cute ornaments for you grandsons. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your job. All of your decorations look beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boys look like they are enjoying painting the trees. :)
    The bow wreath turned out really nice.
    Looking very festive around your house with all your Christmas decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bow wreath is cute. At the Cal Veterans Home they had monitors on the memory care wings and many times the alarms would go off while visiting my FIL or Volunteering - usually it was by a new employee but sometimes it would be a Alzheimer resident. I’d say those places are never boring! I enjoyed volunteering there. The residents are so sweet but there are some who were real characters, like my father in law. 😀
    Glad it’s working out for you.
    I haven’t decorated yet - Tomorrow I will start. Always good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't take one picture at Thanksgiving because I was also trying to stay in the moment. Congrats on the new job. Hope it continues to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a shock to find out that the place you're working at was sold. I hope the new company won't make too many changes.
    Love all your decorations. I'm rather fond of snowmen. I just love your newest one. That is the cutest thing I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet grandbabies! And I can only imagine how everyone gave a huge sigh of relief when the alarm was finally shut off!!
    Glad you like the job!!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Free Disney Tix? That is amazing.
    I love the boys ornaments and the light up trees will be so cute.
    I can only imagine the shenanigans that happen at an aging facility; hopefully the change of hands won't cause any disruption for the residents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute ornaments Cute ornaments .
    Glad you like the job

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a lovely time was had. And your decorations are all very nice as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The wreath turned out beautiful.
    Cute ornaments for the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww the boys' ornaments are so cute! And so are your trees. I don't do all that much decorating either; most of it is in the kitchen where we tend to gather, around the food! But I do like a festive door wreath and yours is so cute. Merry Christmas season, my friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. So wonderful to make ornaments with your grandchildren, and I hope they have a wonderful time at Disney! Sounds like your new job is full of all kinds of excitement - hopefully things settle down soon for you! Your bow wreath is adorable, and looks beautiful up against the blue wall! Many blessings to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to hear you're liking your job. Sounds like a lot changes happening there!
    Your grandsons are too cute. I love that they got right to painting their trees.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!

Phone Photo Dump

 Time for another purge of the photos I collect on my phone!  The boys were playing with kinetic sand and it is a little oily.  Levi left hi...