Monday, March 4, 2024

Bedroom Before and After

I'm back with the promised before and after bedroom pictures. It's always nice to be done with a room. 

Before: 



After: 


Before: 
After: 

Before: 


After:


I really love the gray color. It makes the bedroom feel calm and comfortable. I got the bedspread at Meijer. It's black, white and grey so it goes perfectly in the room. The two wall sconces above the bed I got at Hobby Lobby. I wanted to put something different on them besides just a candle. I bought these glasses and grey silk flowers at the dollar store. 




They looked ok. I didn't love them but I figured I would give it time and see if they would grow on me. Well, they didn't! 

So, I went to At Home and found these small white vases. I used the same silk flowers because they match the wall. 


Much better and I love the contrast of the white against the black! That's all the decorating I'm doing in this room. I want to keep it minimal and simple! 

On a side note: Have you ever gone to an At Home store? They are wonderful! They had such a huge selection of vases of any size I had a hard time deciding which ones I wanted! If you can't find what you are looking for there it probably doesn't exist! 

Anyway, now that the bedroom and bathrooms are done it's time to start on the rest of the house, meaning the family room, dining area, kitchen, and living room. It's a lot of walls and a lot of prep to do so it's a bit overwhelming to think about but once we get started it probably won't seem so bad. 


We decided to go with the second from the right color. It's called Arcade White and I think it's really going to brighten up these rooms! 

Of course I will keep you posted on the progress!

See you the next time and thanks for stopping by! 




14 comments:

  1. I love the new color! The contrast even makes the brown furniture stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks nice! I really like that wall color. The little vases are really cute!
    I like At Home stores, you can find everything there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a difference paint makes. Love the grey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the white vases look so much better than your first choice! And what a difference in your bedroom! It looks kind of beachy, and the bedspread is just what is needed to make the room really pop. I am so much looking forward to seeing all the other room before and afters! We do not have this store anywhere around here, darn it! But I do love the Home Goods store.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The color is very serene. You're right, the white vases were much better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a pretty color for the walls. I like the little vase holders.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the color paint you chose. Looks great.
    Don't think we have any of those stores around here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks fantastic. Amazing what a coat of paint can do. I love the color

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice job! True makeover success. You've reminded me, I need to start. Our whole house could use fresh coats of paint.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks wonderful. It's amazing how much fresher a room looks after a fresh coat of paint.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the new paint color!! SO pretty and makes the furniture pop!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Painting is such a pain...I used to love it but these days, it takes so much out of me to even think about getting the stuff together to do it! lol....

    ReplyDelete
  13. The new color really makes everything more modern.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like your color choices! Isn't it wonderful to have your bedroom freshened? We did that last year and I am still enjoying it so much. Someone (I cannot for the life of me remember who) told me recently that they'd gone to an At Home store and how fabulous it was. I'm going to have to make it a point to visit one! Good job choosing Arcade White ... I like the bright coolness of it. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!