Sunday, May 5, 2024

Done, Done and Done!

Done, done and done is what Rich and I always say when we finish doing something that is labor intensive, and we are glad to be done! Our new carpeting throughout the house is now installed. I can't tell you how much better it looks! I love it! 

It took them about 6 hours, stuff was piled everywhere, and we were exhausted when they were done! 

Let get on with the pictures. I waited to do this post because I wanted show you my new shelves, too. 

Bedroom


Living room

Family Room

Computer room 



Hallway and spare bedroom

In retrospect, I originally didn't want to be bothered to replace the carpet in the closets but I'm glad they did now as they look pretty nice. 

Master closet

We got rid of a big bookcase that was in our master closet and re-organized it a little. Much more room now and nice with the new carpet.

The new shelves I bought were to go above this desk in the living room. 

I ordered them from Wayfair and we hung them this morning. 


I'm going to put my two Lego flowers I made and other knick knacks on it. I'll show you when it's done. 

In other news, Shauna and I went to a cookie decorating party last night. 

This is what it's supposed to look like

This was mine

This was Shauna's

Probably won't be making a career out of cookie decorating anytime soon!

One more thing... my azalea decided to bloom after two years of not blooming!


It's so beautiful and just loaded with flowers! I wish they lasted longer! 

That's all for now!

See you the next time and thanks for stopping by!


14 comments:

  1. It looks so nice! I bet it feels great to walk on too.
    You did good with the cookie decorating. It sounds like a fun activity for you two!
    Our Azalea is about to bloom too and it's full of buds this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really lovely, and I can almost smell the new carpet smell from here. I love the shelves and want to see a photo when you have them filled. The cookie is awesome! Way too cool to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great!. Are you going to put a plastic mat under the computer room chair? It’s nice when something blooms again after nothing the last year or two. I’m hoping for my hydrangea this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new carpet is nice and clean and makes the whole house refreshed! That cookie is adorable. I used to have a roll top desk exactly like yours. Sadly I donated it because we just didn’t have the room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad built that a long time ago or I may have gotten rid of it by now. It's just a place to hold junk!

      Delete
  5. That wonderful new carpet smell came wafting through the computer as I looked at your photos. It looks awesome.
    I've seen videos of cookies decorated like that. They make it look so easy but I suspect it not.
    Your azalea looks great. I've tried to plant them here but like everything else, one season and they die on me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for the big job being complete! The new carpet looks fresh and I love that your closets followed suit. Everything looks nice!
    The shelves are so cool.

    I think your cookies look great; I wouldn't even have attempted that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear your big projects are done! That is always such a good feeling. The carpet looks really nice. We planted an azalea bush last year and it has a lot of buds on it but hasn't bloomed yet. It did grow a bit and is still alive so I'm happy. Love the shelves too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love the new carpeting!! We have bedroom carpets that need replacing!
    I love it All! Well done...
    Happy Weekend!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is nothing better than new carpet to bring a home new life and smells of course. Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha first let me say, if I decorated that cookie you would not even be able to tell what it was!!! You and Shauna did great but yeah, keep your day jobs. Carpet looks fantastic. There's nothing quite as luxurious as brand-new wall-to-wall! So soft and luscious beneath your toesies! I know how exhausting that is so congratulations on getting it behind you. Your shelves look nice! Can't wait to see them decorated! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you got the carpet down. It looks real nice! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always so nice when you finish a job and it all looks so nice and new. If you are like me, you then look around and wonder what I can do next. Being in a new house, I am now doing my best to not do that.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!

Phone Photo Dump

 Time for another purge of the photos I collect on my phone!  The boys were playing with kinetic sand and it is a little oily.  Levi left hi...