There has been an odd lack of estate sales in my target area lately and I'm going a little crazy. I do have a bunch of photos on my phone to dump so now is as good a time as any to do just that!
Here they are in no particular order.
While driving down a side road on my way to Walmart there is a huge retention pond that attracts a lot of wildlife. There must have been 50 Canada geese that were just crossing the road when I drove up!
My friend and I walk this trail by my house frequently and this is the first time we have seen a deer on it!
It's not one tree with many branches; it's a cluster of trees grown together!
We had some wicked storms come through on Thursday night and a few tornado touch downs in different areas. Not close to us but we did lose our power from Thursday night to Saturday night! I can't tell you how many times I walked into a room and flipped the light switch! I brought all my frozen food over to Shauna's so we wouldn't lose any of it and the rest we kept covered in ice in a cooler.
It has chickpeas, cucumber, black olives, red pepper, red onion and cottage cheese. The recipe called for olive oil and fresh lemon juice but I just use an olive oil vinegarette dressing. It's so good! I make a big batch and it lasts me three days.
We stopped for pictures but they didn't stay around long!
This is Phoebe.
I occasionally go and spend time with her when her mom and dad are working long hours. She loves to get belly rubs!
Speaking of deer, Rich and I were driving down a back road and saw this guy standing guard at this gate!
He looks like he's saying, "yes? Can I help you?" There were several other deer behind him (or her)!
I took this picture of a tree in a park in Tawas City.
Driving back from Tawas City we stopped at a truck stop to use the facilities. This was in the bathroom.
That same trail I mentioned earlier had a tree down across it when we tried to walk it last Saturday.
I was at work when the storms happened. The sky was so dark it looked like nighttime at 4:00 in the afternoon! There was a tornado warning, so we had to get all of the residents into the hallways away from the windows.
They weren't very happy, but the kitchen staff went around with lemonade and cookies and that helped. It took about an hour for the all clear.
I found this recipe for a protein salad a few months ago.
That's all I got for now. Hopefully I will be back soon with another estate sale to tell you about!
Until then take care and thanks for reading!



.jpg)




Goodness, you really did have some rough weather! I had to laugh at the light switch because I can just picture doing the exact same thing out of habit. I’m glad the tornadoes weren’t close to you and that you were able to save your frozen food. And lemonade and cookies during the tornado warning was a pretty good way to keep everyone calm!
ReplyDeleteYour photo dump was fun too. :-)
ReplyDeleteI like the salad, thank you for sharing the recipe with us. I am going to make it.
Have a great new week.
Carla
what scary weather! This looks like one big tree, who would have guessed it is a cluster? The geese are so cute. I have never seen a bathroom rating system!!
ReplyDeleteWe have those geese around here too and they have no fear of cars! :) It's always fun seeing deer.
ReplyDeleteThat looks like quite the storm, glad you're ok.