Sunday, July 26, 2026

Estate Sale And An Exciting Find

 The latest estate sale was at this house:

It's 2,163 square feet and sold for $540,000. It's all about the location! 

The house was pretty full and there were some nice things. 

I thought these dishes were very pretty. 


They were Pfaltzgraff and instead of pricing the whole set they were priced at $5 each piece. 

There was lots of nice shoes! 




Not my size even though I hesitate to buy used shoes! They were priced at $10 to $40. 

And a table full of purses. 

Most of them were $20

This view master came with about 50 different slides. 


I thought about getting it for the grandsons, but I think they would lose interest in it pretty quickly! I think it was $50 for the whole thing. 

This Hummel spice rack was nice. 


Not for $250 though!

There was a whole box full of panty hose. 


Lots of jewelry. 


I did think about buying these gold earrings. 


But they were $8 which I thought was too much!

There were dickies of every color!


They were $5 each. I don't think I've ever worn a dickie in my life! 

I thought this cotton fabric was very pretty. It was about 1/4 of a bolt. 


It was priced at $10 which wasn't bad, but I passed. I thought I would go back the next day to see if it was 50% off but I never got the chance to. 

There seems to be sewing machines at every estate sale now!

This was $200 

And this adorable kids sewing machine!


Runs on batteries! $25

This is what I bought at this sale. 



New oven mitts and a little trash bin for my car. Total spent: $3

Then, on my way home from this estate sale I spotted something on the curb that looked like a sewing machine case. So of course I had to stop. 

Turns out it was a sewing machine case with the sewing machine inside!


It's a Singer Fashion Mate 248 and it works! It's not even that dirty! There was a bunch of accessories too. I was so excited to find it. I'll probably never buy a sewing machine, but I'll take a free one off the curb anytime! I'll tell you more about it when I get the chance to mess around with it. 

That's it for now. 

See you the next time and thanks for reading!


18 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe you got that sewing machine for free.
    Those dishes are pretty. It's interesting that they were selling them by the piece, seems like that wouldn't work well, but I suppose the sellers know what they are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a bargain for the items you bought at the estate sale. What a score on the sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's something about finding a free sewing machine! Isn't it something that most people don't sew anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great free find!! It's sad that a lot of people don't seem to sew anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW .... that is a find. Cannot wait to hear what you find out about the sewing machine. I have an old machine and it still works very well. :-)
    I want to find one of those little trash cans. Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is disheartening to see so many sewing machines that people don't want any more. I have two but will probably hang onto them for the rest of my life and let those who deal with my estate do something with them. I did use one of them just a week or so ago, but any more, that is rare.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most of these items seem overpriced. Especially the Viewfinder! I love the Fall mitt you got. Was this sewing machine on the curb at the sale house, or on another block?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was in front of a house in our subdivision.

      Delete
  8. Wow free sewing free sewing machine - great.
    I like those dishes too. Have all of those Hummel spice jars, but not the shelf. They were my moms and they are sitting in a cabinet unused. I should see how much I could get for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that sale was like a whole department store with all those shoes and purses.
    And what a find! FREE Singer sewing machine! Good that you stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I would have offered less for the old sewing machine

    ReplyDelete
  11. OmyWord! How fun to find a machine on the curb!! Do I see a quilt in your future??
    And that Husqvarna machine will probably work until the end of time! lol
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well aren't you the cleverest, finding that sewing machine! And you always get good bargains when you buy at the sales, although I must say all of that stuff seemed overpriced to me. And I thought I was the shoe-purse-jewelry queen, hahahaha xoxo 🏴‍☠️

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun adventure!
    Estate sales really are like treasure hunts -- you never know if you’ll come home with something useful or stumble on a surprise like that Singer.
    I think the oven mitts and car bin were smart buys, and the free sewing machine was the real jackpot.
    Can’t wait to hear how it runs once you try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an adventure. A lot of nice, good things. Great about the free sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always enjoy your estate sale adventures. Some of the prices seemed extravagant like the Hummel spice rack, but I am sure they are probably worth it, to some people. I liked your choices. I also liked the fabric you were interested in too! What an exciting find of the sewing machine! I hope you can get it working! Blessings to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks like the Viewmaster I had as a child. Wish I still had mine!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a keepsake to have that wedding photo. I liked your purchase of qtips and plackers!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!

Miscellaneous This and That

As I mentioned in my previous post, I decided not to keep the White sewing machine that my friend gave me. It's a nice machine but it de...