It's been a while since I've done a phone photo dump so let's get to it!
A few weeks ago, when we had the boys for the weekend we took them on a little shopping spree for their end of school celebration.
Even with $1 off a gallon it was still $91! Jeese!
Chris sent this picture of him, Jenna and Frank to me.
They are coming into town soon for a family wedding on July 25th. Not Frank, though. He doesn't like to travel! I can't wait to see them It's been too long!
In other news: After much prayer and contemplation I have decided to leave my job at the end of the summer. I love it and it will always be my favorite job I ever had! But I am missing way too many things because of the hours I have to work. Our church has a lot of events on Wednesday and Friday nights and I always have to work both those nights. Plus a lot of the boys sports. I'm going to work through October and then be done just in time to not miss any of the holidays!
That's all for now. Until the next time take care and thanks for reading!




It seems like you made a good decision. Life is way too short to miss out on the things we love. Nothing is better than these shopping/eating trips with the grandkids. They will remember these visits all their lives. Happy 4th!
ReplyDeleteYour grandsons are so cute with their end-of-school haul.
ReplyDeleteAnd Maxwell "driving" - core memory, there!
Sounds a good time to leave your job - you've approached the decision thoughtfully.
Enjoyed the photos. Sounds like a good decision about quitting work after the summer. Happy 4th.
ReplyDeleteAt some point a job is more hassle than it's worth.
ReplyDeleteLooks like the boys made excellent choices on their shopping spree. Is there any child alive who hasn't had the thrill of sitting on a parents lap and steering? I can imagine how thrilled he was
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your photos, wishing you all the best with leaving the job, smiles.
ReplyDeleteI can understand your decision about leaving your job. That's especially hard since you do love the job, but choosing God and family is better. The boys are growing up so fast.
ReplyDeleteSo many wonderful photos.
ReplyDeleteIt is hard to quit a job you love but this gives you ability to attend more church events and do other things.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos, Jeanette!
ReplyDeleteMaxwell “driving” is adorable.
Love the rabbit silhouette.
Sounds like you’ve made a wise decision about work--family time is priceless.
The boys are so adorable!! Look how big they're getting!!
ReplyDeleteMy Dad used to let me drive like that...sooo fun.
hugs
Donna
Thank you for sharing all the photos. :-)
ReplyDeleteI will be praying for you. I do agree with the others, family time is priceless.
xo
Leaving your job is totally understandable. I've been on my husband about retiring so we can do more things with the grandkids while they're still young. Just popping in from my break to say howdy! Hope your summer is a good one.
ReplyDeleteYour grandsons are so cute and growing so quickly. I have that same memory of my dad and grandfather letting me drive. I think I was driving a tractor by myself by the time I was 9. Good decision on working. It's hard to leave a job that you enjoy but if the schedule has you missing out on too much, it is time.
ReplyDeleteThat looks like a super successful shopping trip! Such handsome boys. I live where gas prices are the lowest in the country, and TG has been remarking that they're coming down. Since my son is patrolling the Strait of Hormuz every night in his tanker, they'll either stay the same, go up, or go down ... hahahaha! xoxo
ReplyDeleteRabbits are so funny. I think they think they are invisible when they hold still like that.
ReplyDeleteOf course, they are not!!!
Leaving a job is not an easy decision to make, but once you make it, and leave your job, you will be ever so glad that you did.
ReplyDeleteYou are the best Grandma!! Sorry you have to leave your job, since you love it so much, but I agree...family time is the best gift ever!
ReplyDeleteI'm happy you will see Chris soon. I can't imagine being so far away from each other.
The boys look like they had a great time. It sounds like you’ve put a lot of thought into your decision about work, I hope the change gives you more time for the moments that matter to you.
ReplyDelete