I went to 3 estate sales in 2 days last weekend but before I tell you about those, I need to do another photo dump!
Last Saturday Rich and I went to the Ronald McDonald house again with the Baking Buddies from our church.
This time we made
Chocolate chocolate chip muffins and
Sugar cookies and peanut butter cookies. They get put into these baskets for families to grab on their way out to the hospital.
There is a wall in the Ronald McDonald house dedicated to all the people and companies that have donated.
It's called Doors of Hope. Each doner gets their own little fairy door.
Downtown Ann Arbor is known for their fairy doors all over the place. It's actually kind of neat to go around Ann Arbor looking for them. If you are interested, you can read all about it here.Getting back to our church, they did a little tribute to the 9/11 25th anniversary.
It was very touching and Rich and I both had tears in our eyes. Tears are nothing new for me as I am always tearing up during the service anyway, especially during the singing!
Here's another picture that popped up on my work computer.
Such a gorgeous creature!
Lastly, and back to our church again, Rich and I are going to attend a bible study there called Rooted. It meets every Tuesday night for 10 weeks.
I'm looking forward to it. It's been a very long time since I went to a bible study. In fact, it's been almost exactly 24 years. I know this because the last one I joined the first class was the evening of the day we buried my mom. I only went one night, and then I called the leader of the class the next day and told her I would not be participating. She was a little miffed until I told her the reason and that I could not keep my mind clear enough to get anything out of it! Then of course she was very sympathetic and a few days later I got a card that they all signed.
I never tried to go to a bible study after that. In fact. we left that church a few months later.
I'll leave you with this picture I saw at an estate sale recently
Kind of silly but cute, too!
I'll be back soon with some estate sale posts. Until then take care and thanks for reading!
How awesome to be part of the group donating cookies like that. I'm sure they are very appreciative of it. Ann Arbor is on my bucket list so thank you for telling me about the fairy doors. That is so cool. I hope you enjoy the bible study. Rooted sounds like it would be a good topic to learn more about. I do love the sign. God doesn't make mistakes. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
ReplyDeleteI love this last quote! I have never actually seen a Ronald McDonald's House. You are doing such a wonderful thing!!
ReplyDeleteHow much fun to bake cookies for a good cause!
ReplyDeleteI like the fairy doors, and it's a fun way to thank people.
ReplyDeleteI'm a crier during songs too and the 9/11 tribute would have done me in.
I hope the Bible study goes well.
I love how you give back through baking and service. Rooted will be such a meaningful step, and I’m glad you’re embracing it.
ReplyDeleteHow nice baking those cookies for families going into the hospital. Those fairy doors are so cool.
ReplyDeleteLove that last picture and the saying on it is so cute.
I love those fairy doors. How cute. How fun to be part of that worthwhile ministry.
ReplyDeleteNice work for the Ronald McDonald house. The fairy doors around Ann Arbor sound fun!
ReplyDeleteNice of that previous bible study group to sent you a card, I hope you enjoy Rooted.
How nice to bake and give the cookies away. A great ministry.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great cause. I’m sure the families really appreciate having some homemade goods.
ReplyDeleteBaking cookies for the Ronald McDonald House and discovering those fairy doors is such a lovely combination of service and small-town charm — Ann Arbor sounds like it would be fun to explore just for that alone. Wishing you a good start to Rooted, Jeanette; ten weeks sounds like a meaningful way to ease back into a Bible study.
ReplyDeleteOh I love the fairy doors! I'd love to see them. And I hope you and Rich both truly enjoy the Bible study! xoxo 🏴☠️
ReplyDeleteThat was very nice of you to bake cookies solely for the purchase of donation. I am sure the recipients absolutely loved them. Who doesn’t love a good homemade cookie?
ReplyDeleteWe are attending a study as well. We have not attended one for 8 years. We also have changed churches in that time.
ReplyDeleteI will be praying for you during your study.
Let us know how it goes for you.
Love, Carla
I quit my Bible study that I was participating in last year. I think I did it for about a year and a half. My issue was that the books they kept picking were boring and the study questions were too monotonous. I asked two other people privately what they thought, and they felt the same, so it wasn't just me!
ReplyDeleteHello! What a wonderful idea to make cookies for the families! That is amazing. Enjoy your bible study. And happy fall!
ReplyDeleteI love that you are contributing to the amazing cause that is The Ronald McDonald House---so wonderful.
ReplyDeleteLove that you are getting back to Bible Study; I hope you both enjoy it.