Monday, September 7, 2026

Random Photo Dump

There has been an odd lack of estate sales in my target area lately and I'm going a little crazy. I do have a bunch of photos on my phone to dump so now is as good a time as any to do just that! 

Here they are in no particular order. 

While driving down a side road on my way to Walmart there is a huge retention pond that attracts a lot of wildlife. There must have been 50 Canada geese that were just crossing the road when I drove up!




Of course I stopped and waited for them, and they took their sweet time, too! By the time the last one crossed there were several cars behind me!

My friend and I walk this trail by my house frequently and this is the first time we have seen a deer on it!


We stopped for pictures but they didn't stay around long! 

This is Phoebe. 

I occasionally go and spend time with her when her mom and dad are working long hours. She loves to get belly rubs! 

Speaking of deer, Rich and I were driving down a back road and saw this guy standing guard at this gate!


He looks like he's saying, "yes? Can I help you?" There were several other deer behind him (or her)!

I took this picture of a tree in a park in Tawas City. 



It's not one tree with many branches; it's a cluster of trees grown together! 

Driving back from Tawas City we stopped at a truck stop to use the facilities. This was in the bathroom. 


I pushed the green button because the restroom was very clean! 

That same trail I mentioned earlier had a tree down across it when we tried to walk it last Saturday.


We had some wicked storms come through on Thursday night and a few tornado touch downs in different areas. Not close to us but we did lose our power from Thursday night to Saturday night! I can't tell you how many times I walked into a room and flipped the light switch! I brought all my frozen food over to Shauna's so we wouldn't lose any of it and the rest we kept covered in ice in a cooler. 

I was at work when the storms happened. The sky was so dark it looked like nighttime at 4:00 in the afternoon! There was a tornado warning, so we had to get all of the residents into the hallways away from the windows. 

They weren't very happy, but the kitchen staff went around with lemonade and cookies and that helped. It took about an hour for the all clear.

I found this recipe for a protein salad a few months ago. 


It has chickpeas, cucumber, black olives, red pepper, red onion and cottage cheese. The recipe called for olive oil and fresh lemon juice but I just use an olive oil vinegarette dressing. It's so good! I make a big batch and it lasts me three days. 

That's all I got for now. Hopefully I will be back soon with another estate sale to tell you about! 

Until then take care and thanks for reading!










26 comments:

  1. Goodness, you really did have some rough weather! I had to laugh at the light switch because I can just picture doing the exact same thing out of habit. I’m glad the tornadoes weren’t close to you and that you were able to save your frozen food. And lemonade and cookies during the tornado warning was a pretty good way to keep everyone calm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photo dump was fun too. :-)
    I like the salad, thank you for sharing the recipe with us. I am going to make it.
    Have a great new week.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. what scary weather! This looks like one big tree, who would have guessed it is a cluster? The geese are so cute. I have never seen a bathroom rating system!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have those geese around here too and they have no fear of cars! :) It's always fun seeing deer.
    That looks like quite the storm, glad you're ok.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have Canada geese and Turkeys in the neighborhood. We also have ravens that live here year-round so its a lot of birds flocking together. I think the turkeys come here to the subdivision to hide out since hunting season is coming.
    I always enjoy your photo dumps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had some of that weather too. That's a lot a geese. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems like you live in a beautiful area - nice walking paths, and the wildlife agrees.
    We have a lot of Canadian geese here in fall and winter, and I know how they can hog the roads!
    No power for two days is a long time! Our power lines are underground so outages are rare, and typically don't last long.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had some bad storms here last week. It wasn't too bad around my house but near where I work it got hit pretty hard. Lots of trees down. They said it wasn't a tornado but straight line winds that were up to 70 mph

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like quite the storm. Sorry you were without power for so long. It’s hard enough when the power is out for an hour, let along a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The power outages have not been fun this summer. We just signed a contract to get a whole house generator installed. My husband had had it and is worried it will only get worse with all the data centers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's fun to explore estate sales. Sounds like the storm was bad. I'll be glad when this season of storms passes by. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great "photo dump"! Thanks for the little tour of your surroundings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, a truck bathroom that's clean? That's rare, I would've pushed the green too. Love these nature photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoy your photo dumps. That's such a good idea for a post and fun to see your pictures. That salad looks delicious. I plan to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun post! Love all the animals! Phoebe is adorable 💕
    Hugs
    Donna 🌷

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always love your photo dumps to see random pics from your days. I don't know why but Geese just crack me up. They always seem like the least 'bothered' species and just go about their way ignoring everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loved this photo dump! The geese crossing made me laugh -- they really do take their time. Phoebe looks adorable. Glad you stayed safe through those storms!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really enjoyed your photos. I like animal photos in general, but was intrigued by the tree picture. I honestly thought it was one tree.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing the photos, smiles. Wow on that tree, have a great Friday evening. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great photos. We have so many deer in area. Phoebe is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loved this photo dump! The geese, the deer, and Phoebe all made me smile. Hope the estate sales pick up again soon — and that salad sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh! So glad y’all weren’t hurt in the stories! They can be nasty!
    That salad looks good!
    Hugs
    Donna🌷

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow Jeanette you were out of power for 48 HOURS? I would have died, I'm afraid! But I'm glad everyone is all right! I live in fear of a tree falling on me or on my house! I always love to see deer. Phoebe is so cuuuuute!!!! xoxo 🏴‍☠️

    ReplyDelete
  24. That was a long time to be without power, but I suppose it could have always been worse.
    Love the photos of the deer, and yes, the one at the gate has questions!!
    Phoebe is so cute, and you are such a nice person to take care of her while her parents are out.
    I bet there was a lot of Sh*t left in the Goose trail!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!

Estate sale #2

 The second of three estate sales was at this house. It's a 4-bedroom, 21/2 bath, 2.808 sq ft house that recently sold for $680,180. Cra...