Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Thinking Ahead to Spring

The new header picture above was taken this weekend from the front porch looking down the street. It was raining and the sun was shining making a cool reflection on the street. I don't know if the picture does it justice but it was pretty neat and rather springy looking even if there is snow on the ground! I am enjoying my new camera. I just need to take the time to learn how to use it properly.


Spring will eventually be here (I hope!) and we are starting to think about things we are going to do to the house. It needs quite a bit of updating. We probably will start with new siding, gutters and a front door. Our siding is white with black trim. Very 80's! Plus its dirty and grungy. The front door is wood and was a good door in its time. Its still is a good door but its all weather worn and the little windows on the top are all foggy. I really want a steel entry door with a pretty window in it. It would be a much improvement of the look of the house.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty picture in your header. We need a new storm door and we need to paint our front door. It has been many years since we moved here and it has never been repainted. I wouldn't mind doing it, it's just the trim that scares me. And gutters! We need them like crazy. In a few years our kids will be out of college and we will have money to spend on outside house repairs. My husband wants a shop built too. :D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!