Saturday, March 29, 2008

Beginning of Renovations

Last night after dinner we started to take all of the pictures down from the walls in the living room, dining room, bathrooms and hallways. Then I went around and pulled about a thousand nails from the walls! Today the guy we hired is coming to start taking down the wallpaper and painting. It should take them about 4 days. Hopefully not longer than that! It will be nice to get the wallpaper down because I looks like crap in a couple of spots like here:



and here:




Anyway, we are just having them paint a neutral color, sort of a beige white because I have no clue what to do with the flooring yet.

Other renovations hopefully will include: New counter, sink cupboards and stove in the kitchen. New counters and sinks in both of the bathrooms. New flooring in the entryway and possibly new carpeting throughout. I want to try to do a lot of the stuff myself. I think installing a wood floor is not too hard to do.

I'm up for the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!