Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sleeping In Is For Sissies!

Damn! I can NEVER sleep in on a Saturday! It is now 6:15 a.m. and I have been awake since 5:00! Actually, I like being awake early. I like the quiet and the beginning of the day, but the problem is tonight at 9:00 I will be totally ready to crash! Nothing makes you feel older than going to bed at 10:00 on a Saturday night!

It's supposed to be a beautiful weekend. I am going to try and get some pictures of the leaves changing. They are not at their peak yet but it is starting to look pretty. Next week I have to remember to bring my camera to work with me because I drive along some pretty roads and there should be some good picture-taking opportunities.

Last night we went to dinner and Rich ordered salmon. I have to make note of this because he is the original meat and potatoes man! There was a time when he would only order a hamburger, even if we were in a Chinese restaurant! He's come a long way as far as eating new foods, but the salmon last night was a shock. We all looked at him like HUH? And then when the server left I said, "Who are you and what did you do with my husband?" At least he's trying to eat healthy and that's a good thing!

Today I am going to order the cabinets and the floor for the kitchen. I really would like it to be done in time for Christmas so I can have everyone over! According to the contractor, it will be the 2ND week in December! Yikes! It is going to be a busy next few months!

That's all I got for now. Here's a picture of Zoe I've titled "Suspicious"!

4 comments:

  1. New cabinets and flooring - that's exciting. I'm happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit it, I'm a sissy, but I only like to sleep until I wake up on my own. And it's usually earlier than I'd like to on Saturday. :-)

    Can't wait to see your fall colors! We're only seeing the odd leaf here and there down here so far.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I slept in this morning, so I made up for you. hahaha! How exciting for new kitchen cabinets and floor! Glad to hear that hubby is eating sensibly every now and then too.

    Hold on to your hat, because I just "tagged" you. Check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pretty kitty cat! what a great shot.

    Enjoy your new kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!