Sunday, February 18, 2018

Lately

It's been more than a month since I last posted on this blog. My intentions are always good. I wish I could post from my iPhone (won't support Blogger) or my tablet (can't import photos) because it seems like I always have my face stuck in one or the other of those!

This winter so far has been pretty rough. Actually, it's been a typical Michigan winter. We just got a little spoiled with the mild winters we've had before. 

My least favorite part is when I am working all day and it's snowing the whole time which happened last week. I get to my car and it looks like this:


Notice I have the windshield wipers popped up? I just started doing that this year any time I know it's going to snow. It's so much easier to clean the windshield and the wipers are not covered with ice!

However, it was still snowing so I had to drive with the heat blasting on defrost the whole way to keep the windshield from freezing up! I was roasting by the time I got home!  

Rich has been doing a lot of this lately. I think this was the third time he cleaned off the driveway that day!


Good thing he has me out there helping him!


The snow blower he's using used to be my dads. He gave it to Rich when he moved out of his house and no longer needed it. We had one already but this one is bigger and better!

Rich retired a few weeks ago. He actually plans on working one or two days a week but has taken a few weeks off to see how he feels. 40+ years of being a mechanic has taken it's toll on his body. 

He feels pretty good right now though and has been getting things done around the house We plan on selling in the Spring or Summer and there is a lot of stuff that needs to be done to get this house ready for the market. Not looking forward to the stress but I am looking forward to living in something much smaller someday. 

Our Maxwell turned one year old on January 8th! 

Shauna made him a cupcake cake!


He got lots of presents! Look at those cute little feet!


He loved his birthday cake!


Especially when he got to beat it with his hammer!


But still managed to keep eating it between hammer blows!


He has brought so much joy and laughter to our family this past year!



Last week I took a day off of work so I could spend the day with him. He took this selfie!

Until the next time....


3 comments:

  1. Rich retired, you're going to sell the house, Maxwell (oh, how I love that boy) turned one year old! Wow!

    I noticed the windshield wiper, and wondered what the heck? :)

    Can't even imagine driving in that kind of weather, buddy! You're made of stronger stuff than I would have.

    Thank you for the update. It's always so nice to see you here.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many changes coming your way. I want to sell my house too! So much work and down-sizing to do!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!