Sunday, December 2, 2018

Settled and Decorating for Christmas


We are pretty much settled in our new home now. I love that everything is on one level, especially the washer and dryer. No more trudging up and down stairs with laundry!

I do wish this little house of ours was on a piece of land we owned instead of in a manufactured home community but for now, there is nothing to do about that. We'll see how things are in 5 years when our lot lease is up.

The weekend  after Thanksgiving I pulled out all of our Christmas decorations.  I had six totes worth and after I put out everything I wanted to keep the rest of it went  to Shauna and a couple things to my DIL Marissa. I got rid of half of my decorations!

Last year after Christmas I threw away our 7 foot Christmas tree that we would put up in the family room, so all we have now is the small 5 foot tree I used to put in the front window of the Canton house.  I had more ornaments that I could put on both trees so I put all of my favorites on the smaller tree and gave the rest to Shauna!

I never realized how freeing getting rid of stuff can be!

Anyway here are some pictures of the decorating I've done.

This wreath made of bells has been a favorite of mine for a long time. I hung it on the pantry door.

Ceramic Christmas tree that my mom made along with some of the kids santa pictures.




My 5 foot tree that is being held together by the lights strung on it. It will be going in the garbage after this year!

So nice to have this built in. We strung lights and garland above...


And put my snowmen collection on it. 

We put these shelves up to hold pictures but for now they hold my Christmas Tree collection. 

We even decorated our little porch, which we plan on replacing with a deck in the Spring.


We watched Maxwell and Levi on Saturday night so Shauna and Brad could go out. I had to sneak this picture of Maxwell because if he sees my phone he wants to play with it! He was having chicken and mashed potatoes for dinner, and keeping a couple flashlights close by!


Levi is getting cuter and more alert every day! Such a smiling little guy, too! 

Those too boys have me totally wrapped around their little fingers!

Until the next time.....

5 comments:

  1. Your decorations look great. I've cut back on mine over the last couple years. I still need to get rid of more but I have a hard time letting go of some of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so beautiful, buddy. You're a great decorator!

    Those little boys are blessings for sure, and both so very cute.

    I've done no decorating yet. :(

    Enjoy your new home, so pretty!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one cute baby boy. And your house looks so nice with the decorations up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas is drawing near. You have got lots of Christmas decorations and nice..

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fun part. Decorating a new house. Finding places to put your favorite, old pieces.
    I remember my first year here, I tried 3 places before I found just the right one for the tree.
    It's all beautiful, Nettie.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!