Thursday, March 7, 2019

Getting Through

It's been almost 2 months since I last posted! So much for trying to post more. You would think with the weather being so crappy I would have more time to post, but the crappy weather has also sucked out all of my ambition and it's everything I can do just to get the day to day done!

Anyway, we are finally into March and looking forward to this winter being over! It's going to be in the 40's later this week every day so that's a start!

So enough about the weather.

My car blew a rear main seal in the engine and was at the dealers for a week getting fixed! Luckily it's still covered by the 5 year/100,000 mile  warranty so it didn't cost anything! It did however, blow engine oil all over our driveway! Nice mess for Rich to clean up!



While we had the rental car we decided to take a short road trip to Port Huron, about a hour and 40 minutes from our house.   We went to Lakeport State Park first but it was closed so we ended up at a community park with lake access. We wanted to see Lake Huron in all its frozen splendor!



 It was frozen indeed and ice was piled up along the shore.


See how thick it is?

The ice pushed the sand up forming little frozen caves. They were all over!



We hung out for a while but it was pretty cold! Then we had lunch and drove home!

Work is work and I am living for November when I can finally retire from there!

Don't know what I'll do yet, though. Probably get another job if I can. Not sure I'll collect SS and supplement it with  a part time job or just work full time somewhere else and put off collecting SS for a few more years. I just know I will be leaving U of M regardless!

My babies are getting so big!


Maxwell is 2 and well....he's a 2 year old! He hasn't played in the snow yet because he absolutely refuses to put boots on! But he is such a good boy and such a joy!


Levi is 5 months old already! He's rolling over from his tummy to his back and smiles and laughs all the time!

He loves his brother, too! His little face lights up any time he looks at Maxwell!

That's all the news for now.

Until the next time!


4 comments:

  1. Those two little ones are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to go put my coat on just to look at the photos!!! Omgggg....don’t know how you do it!!
    The babies are just precious!!
    Glad you’re posting again....I decided to post more myself...
    Stay warm up there!!
    Hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little guys are so adorable!
    This has been a long winter for us. I lack ambition also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot believe how big the babies are getting. Whoa that was a lot of ice. It was 44 here today. I am looking forward to spring.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!