Saturday, November 2, 2019

New Sink

We finally got around to replacing the sink that came with our house.


Again, as with the deck, I say "we" but I mostly mean "Rich" because he does the majority of the work. I'm usually just the helper!


Anyway, when we moved in to this place we went from a nice big, deep double sink in the kitchen to a shallow, lame double sink with no room for anything!




I started looking for a new sink pretty quickly. I knew I wanted a single instead of a double. They are not as common as the double sinks but I found one in the Spring  that was the size we needed and would work in our kitchen. 


But then the deck took over and I figured that was enough of a project for the summer so we put the sink replacement on hold.


Now that the deck has been finished for a while,  I figured it was time for another project for us (Rich).  I bought the sink a few weeks ago and it's been sitting in our living room until this past Saturday.


The first thing to do, obviously, is to remove the old sink. This involved undoing the two water lines, the line from the dishwasher to the garbage disposal and the plumbing from the two drains.


Next was making sure that the new sink fit into the opening. It was a little bigger so we cut a couple inches off around the perimeter, tried it and it still didn't fit so we cut some more and sanded some off and finally got the sink to fit!





Then Rich had to redo the plumbing from a double drain to a single drain. Luckily he was able to do that without having to buy any more pipes.

We did get a new sink connection for the garbage disposal because the old one was scratched and worn looking and I didn't want to install in in the brand new sink.

Then we reconnected the water lines and that was it!


Nice big sink with the sprayer right on the faucet and lots of room for soaking bakeware and whatever else!  It's a bit industrial looking but I don't care. I'm all about the function these days!

So now we've taken care of the two main things we didn't really like about this place; the kitchen sink and nowhere outside to sit. I don't see any big projects in the future. Maybe some painting but we'll see.

We went to Shauna and Brad's for Halloween. Watched Levi so they could take Maxwell out trick or treating. He did really good and looked so cute!


That's it for now!

I feel the Christmas spirit coming on which is unusual for me! I have a new Christmas tree that I bought after Christmas last year and I am looking forward to putting it up!

Until the next time...

5 comments:

  1. It's always fun to get new things in the house. I like your big sink. It is hard to soak certain dishes with the smaller, two section sink. It's a real blessing to have a husband who can do projects like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice big sink. I like one big sink too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to have someone who can do the work without having to pay someone. My husband could do the work himself he just never wanted to...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new sink!
    You are so fortunate to have a husband that knows how to do all this work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that sink!
    Maxwell & Levi are little cuties :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!