Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Christmas Decor

Tis the season!

We were excited to put some decorations on our new deck this year. We didn't go crazy but we did have a lot of lights from last year. I used to use them on our Christmas tree but we have a new, lighted tree this year. I think it looks nice and right in front is the perfect spot for the lighted wreath!





Speaking of Christmas trees, last year our tree was actually being held together by the light strings! It was at least 19 years old and definitely on it's last legs! After Christmas was over I threw it in the garbage, then went and bought a new tree for 75% off!

It's a Martha Stewart Living brand and let me tell you, she does things right! This lighted tree was so easy to put together and even came with a foot pedal to turn the lights off and on! Plus at 7.5 feet tall its the biggest tree we've ever had.



Although I love it, I'm not a huge fan of just the white lights. I'll leave it for this year but maybe next year I'll add a couple strings of colored lights too!

And of course is my snowman collection.

p0-o



This one is the newest one we got at Bronner's over the summer when we bought the ornaments for the boys. 



And also my collection of small Christmas trees. 





This is my newest one I got at the Salvation Army thrift store.



I love the little deer!

I used the garland we normally used on the tree as fake snow this year.

And my miniature ornaments are all displayed on this small tree.



This is my newest one. 



I buy one snowman, one small tree and one miniature ornament every year!

And always the ceramic tree that my mom made so many years ago! It was the only decoration my dad put up after she died and I inherited it when he died. 



That's my décor for this year. I'm really into Christmas this year for some reason!

Until next time! 


8 comments:

  1. So many cute decorations! So much work putting them up! All look good though! Enjoy!


    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks wonderful. The tree is pretty and after Christmas is the best time to buy. Mine is a pre lit with white lights but I add strings of colored lights to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deck looks nice and I can see your lighted tree through the window.
    Lots of cute decorations around your house. Looks very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfectly beautiful, buddy! Everything speaks Merry Christmas.

    It's actually hard for me to think Christmas is right upon us, and I've done exactly zilch. Since I'm back home for a while (I hope) I must get moving along. lol

    Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you've got some great trees. I love the Martha Steward and your mom's ceramic tree. My mom made a bunch of those one year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For some reason, I'm really into Christmas this year too. I love your collections. I always have quite a few snowmen. I'm not sure if that is because I wish for them because we never have snowmen in Texas or because they always look so smiley and happy. I really, really love the Christmas tree collection. I seriously looked at the bottle brush trees this year and bought two that went with my little village I made but now I see that I want to do something similar to your collection. I'm also glad to know about the Martha Stewart tree. I didn't put up a tree this year because of a lack of space but I'll shop the sales and see if I can find one more my size. I do kind of like the all-white trees but given a choice I might purchase colored lights instead. But like you say, now you have the best of both worlds, a fully decorated tree with options to add colored lights. That is why decorating is fun because we can choosse what direction to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! I love how you've decorated everything!!
    This will be the first year I didn't put up our big tree...47 yrs...sad but as you saw on my post, just no darn time. I do have one of those skinny trees up in the playroom though... :o( Just not the same though. I'd just not have the time to take it back down because we won't be here.
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s fun to see your Christmas decorations. I have a little collection of handmade Santa’s and after Christmas I put out the snowmen, which take us right through to Valentines Day! We always have a real tree and ours this year is one of the nicest ever. And we bought it at the little grocery store in our neighborhood! Thanks for visiting my blog today. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!