Saturday, December 28, 2019

Delayed Christmas

Christmas Eve was very nice at my brothers house. Most of  the family was there. Chris did not make it home from New Hampshire and Shauna and Brad like to spend a quiet Christmas Eve home with their kids. But we did see my niece who we hadn't seen in a couple of years!

We spent Christmas Day at Shauna and Brads. They usually host Brad's family so it was fun and lots of grandson time and good food!

We intended to celebrate Christmas with our kids on Friday but we ended up having plumbing issues so we had to delay it until Sunday. Luckily, the park is responsible for anything under the ground, which is where the blockage was so it didn't cost us anything!

We took a walk around to look at Christmas lights in the park.

This house wins best decorated every year. I didn't get a picture but the man who lives there also goes up and down his street changing the lights in front of every house to alternating red and green. He asks permission first of course! It looks very festive!

Today I did something I haven't done in a long time. I went to the library and checked out a couple of books!


I used to read in bed all of the time and since I bought a kindle a few years ago I would  downloaded books onto that. It's convenient for traveling or taking to work.

Sleep is always an issue with me and reading has always been a good way for me to fall asleep. However, reading  from a kindle does not help at all, in fact it has the opposite effect and keeps me awake!  I thought I would go back to reading real books but I don't want to buy them because I have enough books already, so the library is perfect!

Of course, now I need a reading light because I don't want to keep the lamp on and disturb Rich sleeping. Luckily they now have rechargeable reading lights so I'll have to get one of those!

Tomorrow we are celebrating Christmas with the kids and I can't wait to give Maxwell and Levi their presents!

I'll tell you about it next time!

Until then...




6 comments:

  1. WOW, that's a lot of lights on that house. I bet it took a while to hang those all up.
    I thought I was the only one who did that with books. If I read a real book I fall asleep really quick but reading on my kindle doesn't do that to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's a lot of lights on that house!!
    I'd be lost without our library here in town. We go at least once a week. I'm one of those people who have to hold an actual book. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plumbing issues show up at the darndest times, don't they? I'm glad it's all resolved. I've found that celebrating on THE holiday or the day after or before...it really doesn't matter as much as having everyone together, whenever.
    Love the lit-up house; that's a lot of work and dedication!!
    How funny that we forget about that FREE and wonderful place--The Library!
    Happy 2020!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read on my tablet books I download from our digital library but I mainly read when I'm on the treadmill exercising. I used to type medical reports and used to type for a sleep center helping children to get into a sleep routine. One of the things that was recommended was no screen time (computer/tablet/phone/TV) for at least 1 hour before bedtime. So there must be something in the lighting there that prevents us from relaxing and sleeping. I do like the library though and checking out books; always fun to read! We've delayed Christmases before and its fun to spread out the season's joy over a few days.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh on the plumbing issues. I sure like those lights on that house, smiles.

    Wishing you a very Happy New year and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always so nice to see you here, my buddy. Of course, I've been lax in blogging and reading other blogs.

    Hey, it's Christmas whenever we celebrate! Our hearts are full, and love seeing the little ones eyes light up. Looking forward to seeing those two little grand boys.

    I live at the library! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!

Phone Photo Dump

 Time for another purge of the photos I collect on my phone!  The boys were playing with kinetic sand and it is a little oily.  Levi left hi...