Saturday, January 18, 2020

Winter Blahs and Maxwell Turns 3

Well, here we are in the middle of January and we haven't had to deal with too much crappy weather yet! That's good but I know it won't last. However, every day that goes by is one more day closer to Spring and May 22nd.


Yes, May 22nd is my last day at work before retirement. It's the Friday of Memorial Weekend and I can't think of a better day to begin my retirement!  This is actually 6 months later than I originally planned on retiring but I just wanted to be a little more prepared!


Anyway, I'm looking forward to a summer of leisure, which I haven't had since I went back to work when my kids were older in the late 90's!


The best thing that happened so far this month is Maxwell turned 3 years old! His mom and dad had a small birthday party for him, just us grandparents.


We got him a little tabletop easel, and a t-shirt that says "Young, Wild and Three" which he promptly threw on the floor as soon as he opened it! I know, clothes are not exciting gifts for a child!


He  had a cute little birthday cake with balloons like he wanted!

He loved having happy birthday sung to him and blew out his candles like a champ!

It was so fun celebrating with him!



The next time I saw him he gave me this beautiful work of art that he and his brother made for me!

More priceless than any Picasso!

So, it's Saturday morning as I am finishing up this post. It snowed overnight and we have about 2-3 inches so far. It's supposed to keep snowing until mid afternoon.

Plus, it looks like they are going to be digging up the front of our house due to a leaking drain pipe!

I'll tell you all about it the next time!

Until then.....


7 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday to Maxwell! What a cutie! And I agree with him, LOL, clothes are not gifts (but a necessity :) How fun that you only have a short time before retirement! It will go by so quick; you'll be surprised! And something to look forward to as you plan your summer adventures! I personally can't wait for warmer weather here, LOL. Our highs of the low 60s are getting old; want that warm weather again (even the 110s). Have a great weekend!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to Maxwell! He looked like he had a very good birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 3rd birthday to Maxwell. How exciting that you'll be retiring that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to Maxwell.
    I can see why you are looking forward to May!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday Maxwell. We got a lot of snow from the latest storm here in western NY as well.

    Congratulations on retirement, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you check out my post, you'll see that I'm craving snow here in NC, so please feel free to send an inch or so my way.(lol) What a wonderful way to celebrate with your grandson. He'll be thrilled to have those fun-filled memories once he grows up. Congratulation on the upcoming retirement! Nothing like NOT having to report it to someone 5 days a week. Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your upcoming retirement! Do you have a list of fun stuff to do?
    Happy birthday to that little cutie, I know he’s going to have a fabulous year to come.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!