Saturday, March 28, 2020

Moving Along

Well, things are moving along the best they can!  I think we will all come out of the other side of this a little more grateful for the freedoms we have and a little more conscious of germs!

My work is starting a rotating schedule of the administrative support employees. They have two teams, Maize and Blue (which just happens to be the school colors, go figure!)

These teams will alternate weeks working. I am on the Maize team so I'll be working next week and will be off the following week. We get paid for our weeks using a special Covid-19 fund for the first two weeks we are off and then we'll see what happens after that. Hopefully after 4 weeks things will be back to normal. Wishful thinking, maybe?

I went to the grocery store this morning. I know, but I had to.


I wore a mask. Only a handful of people in the store were wearing masks and a few people even gave me a funny look! Oh well, I'm not taking chances anymore. I washed down the handle of the cart really good, too. I didn't wear gloves though. I figured I can wash my hands but I can't wash my lungs, you know! Besides, I have diabetes so I have to be extra careful. Then when I got home I wiped everything I bought down with Clorox wipes.

This is the aisle that normally has toilet paper and paper towel.


Hey, they have to fill it with something, right? May as well be Easter baskets even if Easter is cancelled this year!

Shauna took Levi to the doctor this morning. He doesn't have strep or the flu or that dreaded virus so that's good. He's cutting two molars and has inflamed gums and a red throat. Poor baby. But I'm glad its nothing serious. My heart cannot take worrying about those grandbabies of mine!

We had to have our sweet Toby put to sleep yesterday. He had some kind of cancer in his stomach. We had been treating him with steroids and vitamin shots and anti nausea for a few months but last week he started going down hill very fast so we made the decision to not let him suffer anymore.



This was the anniversary gift I got Rich last week. Now every time I see it I have that song stuck in my head the rest of the day!


That's all the exciting news for now.

This weekend we are cleaning carpets! Fun!

Until the next time I hope you all stay well and safe!









8 comments:

  1. So sorry for the loss of your cat. Toby had such a sweet face. So hard to have to make those decisions. Good about having the schedule at work. Seems good too especially if they are paying you. I thought if we get close to Easter and still under social isolation I am going to get eggs and supplies to color eggs and give the stuff to son and family for them to do at their place. It had been tradition to do it here at our place. Then when they color the eggs we will video chat with them.

    Seems like you are taking the right precautions to keep you safe during this time.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so sorry about Toby. Sad. It is always such a hard thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to read about Toby. It's never easy but it sounds like it was the right thing to do at the right time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry. It's so sad to lose our fur babies. We had to do that last Sept. She was 19 years old.

    I bring my own "cart" to the store. I will get there Monday or Tuesday 6-7 am - get in - get out.

    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for your loss of your sweet kitty. Stay safe while at work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about your cat. Never an easy decision.
    Since I work at a grocery store, I've just been picking things up there as needed. I do need to make a trip to Walmart for the few things I can't get where I work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww....I'm so sorry about your sweet Toby. He looks just like our (RIP) Harley.
    Yes, you really have to be extra careful when out shopping. I had to go yesterday and like you saw, NO paper products to be found.
    A lot of people were wearing masks and gloves; I can understand how some really need to be careful.
    Happy anniversary to you both; I love the gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry about Toby, it's so hard to lose our fur babies.
    I'm glad that Levi has nothing serious and I hope he feels better soon.
    Happy Anniversary!
    :) Easter isn't canceled, the tomb is still empty, it's just going to be a little different this year but hopefully next year we'll all be back to normal.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!