Wednesday, March 25, 2020

More Random Stuff

I'm still working for however long that will last.  Driving into work these past few mornings has been pretty surreal. There's not a lot of  people on the road at 6:30 in the morning anyway but this week there is almost no one. Especially now that the governor has issued a stay at home order. It's a little freaky actually to be driving on a road all alone in the dark!




I miss my grandsons something fierce! We face-timed with them on Sunday and when I mentioned to Maxwell that I could see the smoke alarm on the ceiling above his head he wanted me to show him ours. So I had to turn the phone around and show him again and again and again... Three year olds have such a one track mind!


Rich went to Kr0ger this morning during their Senior hour, from 7-8 am. The point is supposedly to give seniors and people with compromised immune systems time to shop before the crowds come so they would have less exposure.


Ha! It was crazy crowded! More so than normal! So much for that idea! He did manage to get a 6 pack of paper towel though. No toilet paper though. We are going to be reduced to rags in a few weeks when our supply runs out!


Levi's been running a fever off and on the past few days. Shauna is going stir crazy being cooped in the house. Hopefully she can get out a little today! Brad is working from home so she should be able to.


I've got to get outside this weekend and take a hike in a state park or something. Rich told me that they closed the Sleeping Bear State Park in northern Michigan because all of the toilet paper and paper towel has been stolen! People are so ridiculous!


Hope you all are hanging in there ok. I am soooo looking forward to when this is all over. I have dreams of it being much better by Easter! Probably wishful thinking but that's where I'm at right now.


I'll let you know if anything exciting happens this weekend!


Until then..







8 comments:

  1. Sadly, that is where we are; panic. Sigh (not us, the "world). I use to have to leave by 6 am to drive the 45 min. to school...talk about lonely and scary.

    Have a great day, friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, poor little Levi - I hope he's better soon. And, I can concur about the mom's being home all day like Shauna and Brittney. I thought she (Britt) was losing her mind yesterday. The crazy thing though; these moms who are sending their kids down to their house, and then Britt has to tell them they can't come in. What is wrong with people? There ain't no way our kids would be 'visiting' other kids houses. ugh

    I did get to see them for a few minutes on Monday - they came by and I went out in the yard. Rylan kept her shirt up over her mouth - I hate that they've been scared like this but it is what it is. I guess school won't go back until August here. We'll see.

    Yes, Easter would be nice; we can keep hoping.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right there with on looking forward to this all being over. It's been madness with the way people are buying and others not being able to find what they need.
    I only have a 1/2 mile to go to get to work and I live in a really small town so I never encounter much traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The thing I miss most is going to church and my church family. Still glad we can watch the services live on FB which we will be doing at 7 this evening.
    Our big day out yesterday was going food shopping. We had the store pretty much to ourselves and got everything we needed.
    Still walking and when I'm doing that things seems normal again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have updates on our phone to give us traffic in the area. Usually during rush hours it would be heavy traffic in your area. Now we get lighter traffic in your area all the time. I miss grandson too. I have to check with his mom if it is okay if I call him. I know he's going to ask to come over and play and I don't want to break his heart by saying now. I'm sure his parents have explained things to him as best then can for a 4 year old but I don't want to further disappoint him. I'll have to work on that this weekend.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must be a very eerie feeling going to work 'alone' in the morning.

    Isn't face time the best? Not the same, but it's better than just the regular old phone.

    I hope you can get out and walk somewhere; it's good for the soul.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad I got most of what I need early on. I only forgot garlic, something I use a lot and miss now. But I'm not about to go to the store for just that. Samson, who eats special food from chewy.com is not getting his order - up to ten days late, so now I have to get prescription food from the vet. All else is going well here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope Levi feels better soon.

    The president seems to feel as if this will mostly be over and things back to normal by Easter, I guess we'll see.

    I miss my grandkids, my second son shares videos but my granddaughter's mother doesn't like us bothering her when it's not my first son's weekend with her.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!

Done, Done and Done!

Done, done and done is what Rich and I always say when we finish doing something that is labor intensive, and we are glad to be done! Our ne...