Sunday, March 22, 2020

Random Thoughts in my Head

Am I the only one who thinks the press sensationalizing  the COVD-1 virus has caused this  crazy closing down of everything-hoarding toilet paper- paper towel and boxed rice and canned soup- stay at least 6 feet away from me- wash your hands every 5 minutes- don't touch your eyes, nose, mouth or face thing that seems to be going on right now?

I mean, some of these precautions we should be doing all of time anyway!

Like,  don't you think that the media, when the reporting every half-hour of every day how many new COVD-19 cases have been diagnosed that they would also include flu, pneumonia and common cold cases, that were diagnosed,  too? Might put a little bit of perspective on things.

I'm still working every day. I work in healthcare and although my job isn't considered essential right now, I work in a place that doesn't have a lot of people. Especially the room I am in. Just me and two other people whose desks are about 15 feet apart!

I am loving the lack of traffic though!

One good thing about everybody staying home is my husband, who delivers for Uber Eats is really, really busy right now! Now HE needs to wash his hands all of the time because he's constantly opening restaurant doors!

I thought I would use this time stuck in the house to get some stuff organized but so far I only cleaned out my master closet and this shelf in our utility room that I keep rags and various stuff on.


That looks like this now.



Better anyway.

We are staying away from the grandkids right now. We usually visit on Sunday but are not going over there today! They have been isolating but Rich and I have been out and about. It's ok. We miss them but better to be safe than sorry later!

Our library is closed until at least April 5th.  I'm already 1/2 way through the last of the three books that I borrowed the last day they were open. I do have a couple books on my kindle so I'll have to read them. Maybe if I use the blue light setting it won't keep me from sleeping.

I can't wait for the weather to warm up!

That's all for this boring post! Stay safe and let's hope things all get back to normal soon!

Until the next time....







8 comments:

  1. Sigh...indeed, the media is oversensualizing (hmm, why isn't autocorrect working?) this. Our library is closed indef,. NY is different than Michigan...we are under total closures, except for essentials like the hospital, grocery stores (on limited time when they are open). Lowes and Tractor Supply are open on limited times as well.

    Where was I? Oh, wanna come here and organize? lol

    Have a great week, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I did think the News was hyping it, but now?
    I think this is going to last longer than we think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just talking with someone who says the media has sensalized this too much. I wish they would report how many people died from the flu along with their statistics about Covid-19. I bet if the media said to go and buy bubble gum because it cured the virus or prevented you from getting it there would be no bubble gum in the store. People are not informed and are just taking the media's word and then panicking. Don't get me wrong I know it is serious and I am following precautions recommended but at same time not overly panicking. We are socially isolating from the grand kids too as a precaution. Stores are starting to get back some supplies at least here. Actually saw water on shelves. I am glad stores are not taking returns. People will realize they over bought on paper products and have no money for food or rent.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that the media has played a huge part in the mass hysteria that is going on. Last night the news reported that there are 3 diagnosed cases in our county. They interviewed the latest patient by phone who said he doesn't even feel sick but was tested because he had been in close contact to someone else who was diagnosed..
    At least you have used the time wisely. I haven't accomplished anything at home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet your husband is super, super busy delivering food right now. I'm also tackling small projects with my time home. Praying that more people that have the virus can beat it and we get back to our regular days soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a good time to be tidying and I’m doing some today. Your cupboard looks wonderful now. I don’t listen to much news, just read a few trusted sources, but I think it’s better to be safe than sorry and actually wish some of the “suggestions”, at least in my state, were mandatory. If you see what is happening in other countries, such as Italy, the deaths and numbers of those ill — well, I think it would be smart to get a handle on it with restrictions now before it gets out of control. Just my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yesterday, Britt and the kids dropped by. They didn't come in the house, and Rylan kept her shirt over her mouth. Jase was bouncing around the yard, and Hunter didn't get out of the car. It seems so strange, yet timely, not to be able to hug them so hard their insides scream. But, for now we have to live cautiously. I know you miss Maxwell and Levi, but hopefully not for too long.

    As for accomplishing anything around here; when I first returned home I had the energy to work a bit in the yard. But, then came the day when I didn't feel like doing much and still don't. I think I've lost the last brain cell; I watched back to back episodes yesterday of '90 day Fiance'. LOL

    Take care of you and Rich! Love you.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!

Phone Photo Dump

 Time for another purge of the photos I collect on my phone!  The boys were playing with kinetic sand and it is a little oily.  Levi left hi...