Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Tape Dispenser

I mentioned in my previous post that I took my tape dispenser with me when I left my job last Friday.

Well, I did replace it with a tape dispenser that I had a home so I'm not actually stealing it. May sound silly but they are convenient because we have to tape slides boxes closed.

I was thinking the other day that if I had a nickel for every slide case I taped closed, or slides I put into a case or took out of a case I would be rich indeed!

Anyway, back to the story.

Here is my tape dispenser.


It's the one that was at my desk when I started in August 2003 and it's been with me to every desk I've moved to, which was at least 3 or 4. It's pretty old!

And the little tape cutter thing is pretty worn out and you have to hold the dispenser and tear from the edge to get the piece of tape off.

One day while I was on vacation, one of my coworkers was covering for me. She was complaining about my tape dispenser and how it doesn't cut the tape very well.

When I came back from vacation she told me, "Your tape dispenser doesn't work very well. I almost threw it away and got you a new one!"

I was horrified! I would have been extremely upset if she had done that, and here's why!

 This is a new box of tape (and yes, I did steal that from work! I needed it!). See the little green thing that you have to take off before using the tape?


Every time I replaced the tape I would take that little green thing and stick it to the bottom of the dispenser. I did that for the whole time  I worked there!



That is almost 17  years worth of little tape starts underneath there!

See why I had to keep it and then take it home with me?

It's no longer just a tape dispenser, it's a conversation piece and a subject for a blog entry!

Until the next time!


8 comments:

  1. I don't think I have ever seen a collection of tape ends before...lol Yes, that's a great conversation piece and excellent blog material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grinning and laughing-why your just a petty thief! ((JUST TEASING!)) Yes, I can see why you kept it. I hope you know I am playing around and teasing. I have never ever seen anyone stick those green things to the bottom of anything before. smiles

    Thanks for making my day, Jeanette. ((Big big smiles))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story! I would have done the same thing with the dispenser. I always put my I have voted stickers on top of each other on my card case.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's a little bit of wisdom for you that I never knew until a couple years ago: They sell replacement blades for those tape dispensers.

    You're welcome! Happy retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL - that's funny. I still have some office items from my work back in 1972.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this story; so funny but also sentimental.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I don't blame you a bit, buddy! That's a lot of memories right there.


    And, good for you taking it home! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!