Friday, June 5, 2020

Retirement So Far

Since I retired for some reason I feel compelled to grocery shop and do laundry! It's really weird! My refrigerator and freezer are full to the brim and the hamper barely gets 1/4 full and I'm washing away!

I went to Trader Joe's yesterday and stood in a long line to get in. 


It went pretty fast though.  I was maybe in line for 10 minutes and the nice thing was they only allowed 20 people in the store at one time so it was nice and empty!


Got all of my usual Trader Joe's stuff. They have the best frozen broccoli! We also love their frozen chocolate covered bananas and strawberries! 

One of my former coworkers sent me these glasses and this pin as a retirement gift.



She just wants to make sure I never forget them! As if I could!

Other than grocery shopping and laundry, I've been spending as much time as I can with Maxwell and Levi. 




The both desperately need haircuts! Shauna is trying to muster up the courage to do it herself!

According to our esteemed governor, salons won't be able to open her until July 15th! If you try to open you could be arrested! 

But it's fine to gather in the hundreds for protests all over the state! 

Spoke with my former supervisor yesterday and I am going back to work for a couple days next week to train my replacement! 

Anyway...until the next time!



7 comments:

  1. That's good you'll be able to train your replacement. Get out for a bit and check the work place out since you left. Your grandsons are adorable; glad you can spend the time with them now. I'm sure you'll continue to establish a routine for your retirement days as they continue on.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was nearly blinded by those drinking glasses!!
    The little guys look cute with their longer hair.
    How lucky you are to be able to see them all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGH on your governor. Hey! I get my hair cut next week; no shampooning, no styling, etc allowed, just a cut. UGH

    Awww on the grandkids, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are able to spend time with your grandkids.
    Should be nice to see how work is getting along without you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like retirement is going good so far.
    That is crazy how businesses aren't allowed to open but they don't arrest anyone for protesting and rioting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you!! The boys are so cute and I'm so happy you finally get to spend time with them.
    Don't even get me started on the protestors being allowed, but no church or hair cuts?? CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, those beautiful sweet babies! I know you treasure each and every moment! Please tell Shauna not to cut their hair; I tried it once when Patti was little and every time she sees a pic of those days she glares at me like she hates me. hahaha

    So, are you saying that before you retired you didn't do laundry? I'm kidding of course! I'm leaving this afternoon to go back to Britt's as they're leaving for a few days. If there is one speck of laundry there, I am NOT doing it as last week and part of this one, I had it caught up every single day. LOL

    Take care, and enjoy retirement, you deserve every moment.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!