Thursday, October 22, 2020

More This And That

Work is getting less busy now and a couple days this week I was sent home early! I actually volunteered to leave so some of the younger people that need the money more than me could stay. I don' t mind at all! I've been spoiled with the leisurely summer I've had! 

When I do work until 8 it's dark out and my car is parked right by the river. It's a little bit scary when I get to it because it's beyond the parking lot lights. 


Last week I went to a rummage sale at Catholic Central High School. It's a prestigious all-boy high school that is pretty expensive. I used to go to the rummage sales every year because you could get designer women's clothes for really cheap. 

I hadn't been for quite a few years but I had a free morning so I thought I would drive over and see what I could find. I didn't look at the women's clothing at all. They had a ton of pictures and home decorations and that's what I mostly browsed. 

This picture caught my eye so I bought it to hang in our bedroom. 



And these two pictures also caught my eye and I thought they would look cute in the bathroom. Our bathroom is blue so I painted them blue and put white paint over the blue because it was too bright! 


  



They are hanging in my bathroom now and I'm trying to let them grow on me! So far it's not working! I wish I would have just left them the way they were! 

Anyway, I also bought two little toy airplanes for the boys and spent a total of $4 for everything! I love rummage sales sometimes. I definitely will go back to Catholic Central for the next one. They had lots of pictures and home decor stuff! 

That's about it for now. We babysat the boys last Saturday and we had fun taking selfies! 





Until the next time stay safe and well my friends! 


13 comments:

  1. What a great post!!! Thanks for the many smiles. I fully understand about having to walk out to the car at night, sigh. Have a great day, friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love rummage sales & the Goodwill store & all that jazz. You found some great finds, Jeanette... and I like the blue frames the best. How precious your grandbabies are!! And be careful walking out to your car, ok? Is there anyone who can walk out there with you? ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The boys are adorable. I love rummage sales but we didn't have very many this summer, great finds on the pictures. I especially liked the outhouse ones, that brought back some memories 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the outhouse pictures. At one time I was going to decorate our bathroom with outhouses, but never did. Maybe one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable selfies! What bargains you found too! I'm glad they priced things cheaply. I hate going to sales like that and find things overpriced. Mark them reasonable and things sell! That would be scary walking out in the dark after work. Do you bring a flashlight? I got to leave work early today by an hour and a half; good early start to the weekend!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww so good to see the little guys, and you look pretty happy too! :)

    I haven't been to a rummage sale, or flea market in years. You got some nice stuff there, lady.

    I'm trying to play catch-up; it may take a while. LOL

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. That would be scary walking to your car in the dark.
    I love rummage sales. You just never know what you'll find. I like the pictures you got.
    Fun selfies. I especially like the last one with the smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to love rummage sales, thrift stores, etc but with the pandemic, most have closed down permanently. I haven't even been to a garage sale this year. Strange year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your selfies. The artwork you found is lovely; surely you can repaint the frames back to white. Right? although I do like the blue.
    You are so sweet giving up some hours for the younger peeps---always giving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you did good with the outhouse frames! Keep 'em that way...I think you'll like it eventually. And your bedroom picture is pretty too. Comforting. $4? You did good!!

    My favorite of the selfies is the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That last photo is very cute.

    I assume rummage sales are the same as "jumble sales" as we call them in the UK?

    Gotta be honest and say I preferred the cream/white frames as they go better with the pictures inside!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I liked your pictures better white but you can always put them back like they were! Great finds. Bargains are such fun. The boys are precious. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry ... I also meant to say, I wish you would not walk beyond the parking lot lights at work after dark, by yourself. That is all. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!