Saturday, October 10, 2020

A Little Of This / A little Of That

 At my job there is a river that runs along the side of the property and its a pretty popular place for ducks!  

The cider mill used to sell imperfect donuts and crumbs to customers so they could go and feed them. This year they don't really want the customers to stay on the property so they are not selling the donut crumbs. 

The ducks aren't getting the picture though! Every time anyone walks over toward the river they all come walking out to get some treats! 

Plus I listen to duck drama all day when I'm working! They are so dramatic! 

Last week we took the kids to a home decoration store called At Home. They had fun walking around and especially loved the display of large blow-up lawn decorations! 


I bought these fall leave garlands to put on the deck. 


Driving on the way home we saw this....


That is called Carvana and it is basically a car vending machine! You purchase the car online, go to the dealer and they vend it for you from this machine! It's pretty ingenious I think!

Lastly, Shauna and Brad brought the kids to a different cider mill from where I work. 



They sure were loving the cinnamon sugar donuts! That is until those darn wasps chased them away! 

That's it for me right now! 

Until the next time stay safe and well my friends! 


15 comments:


  1. All great pictures! That is sad about the ducks not getting their treats like years past. I bet they are fuming about this virus mess. We have a Carvana car dispenser here too. I would love to see how they move the cars around when someone buys one. That's a good idea to take the kids to look at the inflatables. I'm just in shock that we are approaching Christmas already. This year has gone by way too fast.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a Apple Cider Mill here too, called Lane's. They sell the most delicious Apple Cider donuts. Hey, I thought Carvana was a joke, interesting to find out it isn't. Hey, Happy Belated Birthday to your grandson, I am really behind, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we went to the apple orchard last month I remember there being a lot of wasps too. Like the ducks I'm sure they wait for their yearly treat as well. The pictures are precious of your little ones... absolutely darling!! ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous children! And what a fun place this store is to take kids! Yes, ducks can create a real ruckus; I can only imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course, this is California, but we're told not to feed the ducks just for that reason. When I was a kid, we used to feed them stale bread or hot dog buns.

    The nearest Carvana is in San Francisco. IT is a unique concept. I know 2 people who bought cars off eBay. We're going to need a new vehicle within the next few years. I dread it. I don't want payments so we are putting money aside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos. Those cinnamon donuts sure look tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking pictures.
    I was always told that it wasn't good to feed the ducks.
    The cinnamon donuts look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The kids are so cute. I've seen that car thingy in commercials on TV. It must be something in real life. And how lovely to work by a river full of ducks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very funny about the dramatic ducks!
    I've seen a few of the Carvana's; not sure I can get on board with that. :)
    The boys are enjoying their treats as they should.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Precious Children!!! The donut photos are priceless.
    Love the ducks...poor things. Maybe next year it can resume a bit of normal for them too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bees and wasps in the fall are the bane of my existence! That and the late mosquitoes, which love me! I got eaten up on my legs the other afternoon, just because I wanted to go outside and sit on the swing while I talked to my daughter on the phone. The Carvana thing is fascinating and I love to see kids enjoying donuts. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. The boys are cute enjoying their doughnuts.
    Poor ducks, maybe next year things will be back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty place for ducks and how neat that you work close enough to hear them and see them. I would love that! The boys are so cute eating the donuts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Birds definitely create a lot of their own drama... if you watch them long enough, you'll get to see how much like people they can be! I've seen it in the wild turkeys and wild birds at my feeders, as well as from my chickens! Your deck looks lovely all dressed up for Fall! And those children are precious, such sweet faces enjoying a sweet treat!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your deck looks awesome! And, the boys with their donuts, how cute. :)

    Hey you be careful going to your car at dark! I'm thinking if and when IF EVER I can getting some kind of parttime job. It seems now with the, dare I say, covid there seem to be lots of openings. However, the drawback for me would be wearing that mask for hours at the time. I don't know how they do it, but I see people wearing them just covering their mouths. ugh

    Ok, I'm done. It's late.

    Hugs to you sweet buddy.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!