Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Bargains Galore

I am always looking on FB Marketplace to see what they have to offer. The other day I saw that someone was selling a child's play kitchen and a bunch of accessories. They were asking $45 for all of it. Someone else made them an offer of $35 and the seller accepted it. But the next day when I looked again it was still available. To make the story short I offered to take it for $35, they said ok and I picked it up a hour later. 

It came with a whole bag of pots and dishes and cups and fake food and utensils. I got it all cleaned and sterilized just in time for Maxwell and Levi to show up to play with it. 



All stored and ready for the next time! 


It also came with this little Keurig coffee maker that sounds just like the real one!

I went to an Estate Sale yesterday and got a bag of Clinique eye shadows that have never been used for $5. There were some lotions and a lipstick in the bag also but I threw them away. The lipstick looked used and I just didn't trust the lotions, but clearly the eyeshadows were not touched so that was a bargain for $5. 

That's all that's exciting in my world right now.  Christmas shopping is done and 90% wrapped. I'm waiting to hear when my son will be able to make it home for the holidays!  I still call it home for him even thought he considers New Hampshire his home now. :( Boo! 

I have to admit it's been a struggle to keep my spirits up right now. Christmas decorating helped a little but sometimes the days are long. I spend as much time as I can with the grandkids but I can't be bugging them all the time! 

I still have a lot of things I would like to do but getting the ambition to get going is another thing! 


We did have a glorious sunset the other day. This is the best picture I could get from our deck. 

I need to see that over Lake Michigan I think. Like my header picture! That would definitely soothe my soul! 

I also got my butt out of bed this morning and  did some cardio  and an online Pilates class after that! I guess that's something!

Until the next time stay safe and well my friends!





 

13 comments:

  1. Good Find! Years ago, when I had a daycare I used to find the cutest things for my daycare. I still have a weakness for children's toys and accesories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Christmas spirit is a struggle for a lot of people this year. sigh

    I use Clinique, what a great find, smiles. I hope your son can come home for Christmas. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great play kitchen and good for the boys to get some practice cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great deal on the kitchen set. It looks like a really nice one

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sunset is outrageous! It may be the prettiest I have ever seen in my life. I sometimes find that when we are feeling down, God send something like this, just for us. I never heard of this Facebook place! But this was a real bargain. Having bought many, these little kitchens are expensive! Makes me think of how I wish we still had Toys R Us. Them closing was such a shame, it was a happy place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got some great bargains and wow what a beautiful sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a pretty sunset in your neighborhood. What a cute kitchen set! The boys will enjoy playing with it for a long time. I love estate sales over garage sales. Any time I can go into someone's house and check it out, I'm ready to go. Hubby and me were just talking about how it doesn't seem like Christmas is around the corner. Of course having an 80 degree temperature day today doesn't help :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your son is able to come home for Christmas.
    You found a great find, all of my grandkids have loved play kitchens and food. I love the play keurig 😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. You found some great bargains! Woot woot!
    I DO hope your son will come 'home' for Christmas, that will surely raise your spirits. It's hard this time of year, and THIS year. I belive that exercise DOES help a lot though.
    Glorious skies my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great buy...for 35 dollars and all that?!!! Awesome. I stopped doing eye makeup [shadows anyway] for a long time. I'll still use mascara but, I don't go anywhere so, rarely use that anymore. Around here it's what you see it what you get. lol

    Beautiful sunset. Just glorious. Lucky you to be able to have your son. We haven't see ours in nearly a year with this nasty covid crapola.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's definitely a time of year that is trip-wired for sadness. I had a bad day yesterday, just waves of sorrow for my mom came over me, while I was sitting in church. Well actually it started in the car on the way to church. I made not one but two handkerchiefs soggy. It's awful, just everything piled up ... so I hear you and I feel your pain. It's a good thing our Savior is acquainted with grief. That little kitchen is a great toy for the boys. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are some great bargains that you found. With everyone wearing masks you don’t even need lipstick or any make up other than eyeshadow anyhow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous sunset. That’s awesome to find good deals like that and I’ve never seen a toy keurig! Fun! I was happy when I found a Fisher Price barn that made sounds at a garage sale for $1. My grandkids have had a lot of use out of it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!

Done, Done and Done!

Done, done and done is what Rich and I always say when we finish doing something that is labor intensive, and we are glad to be done! Our ne...