Monday, June 10, 2024

Miscellaneous Stuff

I wanted to post one more picture from the estate sale I went to last week. 


A single Pandora bead for $20. I don't know if that is a good price for one bead or not. I never got into the Pandora bracelets when they were so popular! Remember that? I worked at U of M at the time and one of my coworkers spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars on beads, enough to fill two bracelets! 

We kept the boys overnight last Saturday.  Not that we need an excuse to keep them anytime, but Brad was out of town on a golf trip and Shauna wanted some alone time. We were happy to help out with that! 


Of course, an overnight at Nonnie and Bonk's always includes a trip to the Dairy-Go-Round! 

Chris and his girlfriend both have birthdays in May. I sent them a solar garden light that looks like a watering can with lights coming out of it. Here's the picture he sent when they got it. 



This is from his patio door. It is so freakin' dark at night where he lives plus he is surrounded by trees so he only gets moonlight for a short time!

Her's the same shot during daylight. 


To see the watering can solar light zoom in and look right above the bucket with all the colors on it. 

In other news, when we were having our carpet installed a month ago, I was helping to move heavy furniture. A while later I notice my right shoulder was really sore and over time it just kept getting more and more painful. Last week I finally went to the doctor. I know, I know I waited way to long because I'm really bad about stuff like that. Anyway, she suspects a torn rotator cuff so I'm having a MRI on the 26th and a visit to an orthopedic surgeon on July 3rd.

I will do everything I can to avoid it but it's possible a surgery may be in my future! All I know is my shoulder is very painful and I can't go on this way! Not happy about it of course but we'll see what the surgeon says.

That's it for me! See you the next time and thanks for stopping by! 




16 comments:

  1. HAHA...my extented the garden is two tomato plants! Oh, and my always keep on hand Rosemary, Oregano and Basil, my go too's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve seen those watering can solar lights - I want one but still haven’t bought one yet.
    Ah, rotator cuff tear. I know about that. Had my right shoulder done almost 2 years ago and now my left one needs surgery but I’m holding out. I’m right handed so that really needed to be fixed but the left I can hold off a bit.
    I will say my right shoulder is fixed and I’m glad I had it done but the recovery is frustrating. I had to wear a special sling with a pad/ pillow for 6 weeks. Once I got that off I was fine. Oh well sometimes we just have to do it to get back to somewhat normal.
    Fun fun fun! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK first ... I hope you do all that is in your power to avoid surgery for a torn rotator cuff. It's an awful surgery with a LONG recovery time. I have lived with a tear in the RC for many many years with no problem. An occasional flare-up is easily weathered. Doctors are so eager to CUT! Please don't rush into that! Also ... my children gave me a Pandora bracelet several years ago, and I have since acquired two more. I adore Pandora jewelry and have a bracelet and ring that TG has given me, which I cherish. Such high quality in those pieces! But the only actual Pandora charms I own -- maybe half a dozen, give or take -- have been gifts. My other charms are knock-offs from Amazon and surprisingly beautiful. That one at the estate sale is likely vintage and if one liked it, that would be a good price. Also I have that same watering can solar light! Stephanie gave it to me for Christmas. I love it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny I edited my blog to say that I will do everything in my power to not have surgery! My doctor said it's a brutal recovery for a few months then will be better than new when healed! I can't live with it the way it is right now but hopefully get some relief soon!

      Delete
  4. I never got into those Pandora beads either - so expensive!
    Fun with the grands - it makes everyone happy!
    I like the solar light!
    Sorry to hear about your shoulder - praying you don't need surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a Pandora bracelet that my mother in law bought me. I never bought any charms for it though. I only have the ones she bought me.
    how fun to have the boys over and I'm sure their mom enjoyed her night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have complete tears through both of my rotator cuffs. And have known a lot of people who had the surgery. the surgery has a long recovery. Here is what my orthopedic surgeon told me: One third of the tears get better on their own, one third get worse, and one third stay the same. I love the watering can. You sure made the kids happy, they look overjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea how you function with compete tears through both of your rotator cuffs. This is so painful and I'm living on ibuprofen right now.

      Delete
  7. I have a Pandora bracelet and a few charms that were gifts. I don't think that's a very good price but who knows. That ice cream looks delicious and I love the watering can. So cool. Sorry to hear you may need surgery. Hopefully you won't.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That light is so neat! I love it! I never had a Pandora bracelet, either. We watched 3 of our grands on Saturday for 5 hours. I was exhaused! It's nice of you to host sleepovers. We do about one per year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must lead a sheltered life - I've never heard of Pandora Beads.
    So sorry to hear about your shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear about your shoulder, hopefully you won't have to have surgery.
    I have been looking at that watering can light for a while now, it's tempting to buy it, but wasn't sure how it would look. It's much cuter than I would have thought.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that w/c light! I saw somewhere a video on how to make it...too cute!
    SO sorry about your arm...I know it's painful, but I agree...hold off on surgery (wear a sling) as long as possible...Not fun!
    Always fun to get the Grands!!
    Those cones look yummy!!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an interesting estate sale. I've never heard of a Pandora bracelet, either. So glad you shared this post with us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not familiar with the pricing of the pandora items but I'm sure you got a good deal. I had rotator cuff surgery about 10 years ago. Glad to get that fixed. Hopefully there will be another fix for you instead of surgery. Such an adorable watering can...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never got into the Pandora beads either.
    Wow, Chris's yard is DARK! The solar light is so cute; I love those.
    The boys staying over sounds like so much fun! I know your daughter appreciates a minute to herself too.
    Yikes on the shoulder. I have one that has been bothering me too....I hope you have an easy solution!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!

Miscellaneous Stuff

I wanted to post one more picture from the estate sale I went to last week.  A single Pandora bead for $20. I don't know if that is a go...