Monday, July 8, 2024

Phone Dump and a Break

 

Here's some random photos from my phone. 

This is a throwback photo from 4th of July 2021. I miss them being that little!


This year Shauna wanted to repeat this photo only Maxwell wouldn't wear the stars and stripes tank top she got him!

This is my friend from where I work. She's 99 years old! 

Here she is with her first great-grandchild! I took this picture off of her phone. 

Note: I thought she was the oldest resident we have but I was wrong. We have a gentleman who is 101! 

We went to the Independence Day parade downtown and this was a new feature. 



A giant Uncle Sam float! 

I see this shed when I walk in our park.


I think the window-look planters are very pretty! 

Well, that's going to be it for me for a while. I saw an orthopedic surgeon last week for my arm and I am getting physical therapy for the next 4 weeks. 

After that we'll see how it goes. I'm just getting through day by day right now. 

We have a family vacation planned at the end of this month. 

So for the first time since I started this blog, I am going to take a break for a while. I'm going to do my best to visit you all at least one more time and then I'll be back in a few months! 

You guys take care and enjoy the rest of the summer! 

12 comments:

  1. Cute throwback picture of the boys.
    Wow, 101. I'm always impressed by people who are that old but yet don't act it.
    Enjoy your vacation and your blog break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will really miss you! What was your diagnosis? I have a torn rotator cuff in each shoulder. I hope the therapy goes really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I’m sorry about your arm, but I hope the PT works. Enjoy your break. I’ll be gone for a while during that time as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you are having trouble with your arm.
    Hope you enjoy your vacation.
    See you when you get back. I'll miss your posts and all your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your photos.
    Sorry about the shoulder issue. That's not fun and I hope the PT helps.
    Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope everything goes well with the PT and that you're feeling better soon. Enjoy your vacation and blog break. I always love meeting people in the 90's and 100's that are still so full of life. What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice photos!
    Your 99-year-old resident is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darn it. Maxwell and not wanting to cooperate for the cute remake pic. That's what kids do, though.
    Ninety Nine is quite a feat---but 101, wow.
    I hope you get some relief for your arm. Enjoy your break and summer time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable memory of the boys! Hubby's Dad will be 99 this October...still doing great.
    Take all the time you need!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet memories of the boys when they were young, and what a special celebration on the 4th with the parade! 99 years old - wow, that's an amazing milestone! I'm so sorry about your shoulder! Praying that you can get it fixed without too much trouble. Many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww I will miss you Jeanette! Please take good care of yourself and come visit me whenever you can! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!

I'm back (For a second anyway)

 Hey all! I'm back for a quick second just to say hi and that I have missed you all! This will be short because I am typing one handed w...