Friday, August 23, 2024

I'm back (For a second anyway)

 Hey all! I'm back for a quick second just to say hi and that I have missed you all!

This will be short because I am typing one handed which is such a hassle!

We took a nice family vacation to Lewiston MI where Brad's cousin owns an Airbnb on a lake. Lewiston is a small town in the middle of nowhere so there was not a lot to do! But we had jet skis and a pontoon at our disposal so we had lots of fun!





Then, on August 15th I had rotator cuff repair surgery on my right shoulder. I really didn't have any choice if I wanted to have full use of my right arm for the rest of my life (which I do!) I researched it and listened to everyone's horror stories so i would be prepared for the worst and...........

it hasn't been that bad! I only took oxycodon for the first 3 days and then I was able to control what little pain I have with acetaminophen and ibuprophen and I'll probably stop them in the next few days. 

I've already had two physical therapy sessions and will be going twice a week for at least the next 8 weeks then we'll see after that. Plus I have home exercises I do a few times a day.

THIS is the biggest pain right now


I pretty much have to wear this 24/7! I hate it and have 5 weeks left to go with it! When I have my follow up with the surgeon on Sept 4th they may remove the pillow which will make it a little more tolerable but I can't wait to get it off for good!

I can't finish this post without mentioning that Rich has been the best caregiver I could have but I knew he would be!

So that's my world right now. I'm going to be visiting everyone again soon but my commenting will be limited because you know..the one hand typing thing!

I'll be back when I can type two handed but, in the meantime, take care and thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

  1. I found the surgery to not be as horrific as others told me. It was that sling I got tired of. Good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad the entire thing was not as bad as it could have been! Seems like you are over the worst part now. It's great to know you are doing so well! Both of my rotator cuffs are torn all the way through, but I am not as brave as you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a really nice place for some rest and relaxation.
    That sling doesn't look like it would be very comfortable. As my brother used to say though a temporary inconvenience for a permanent solution. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure hope you heal quickly. So sorry for the pain you must be having. I hope soon you will be able to use both hands. I've been there and done it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for the pain you must be having. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see a post from you. Glad you enjoyed your holiday.
    Sure hope you heal soon. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to not have free use of your arm. What a blessing Rich must be to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's good to hear from you! I came here yesterday to just say hi and see how you were, but I don't think my comment went through.
    Your vacation looks lovely, the surgery not so much. Glad you're doing well though and hopefully will be healed up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You don't wory about blogging right now! Rest and Rest some more! Hope you'll be feeling better real soon, friend!!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes on the surgery...so sorry...sending you much love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I looked up that town and it really is middle of nowhere, but I’m sure it was still fun for everyone. I hope you heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I'm so thankful the surgery went okay - and that you were able to enjoy a wonderful vacation - what fun to play on the jet skis! I'm glad you had such a sweet caregiver, and pray that quick healing takes place and you are able to enjoy life once again! One-handed typing is not fun at all! Blessings to you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so happy to hear that the surgery went well and recovery is manageable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you had a nice trip before the surgery. I can't imagine how uncomfortable that contraption is for you. Praying you get it off this week and can start to feel better. Of course Rich is a good caretaker! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Jeanette I'm sorry you are having to go through this! You are one brave lass! I have heard that shoulder surgery is the most difficult of all the joints when it comes to recovery. And I can attest that hip surgery is the easiest! But huge props to Rich for taking good care of you and I'm glad you had a restful vacation! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there! It sounds like you had a fun vacation despite the challenges, and I’m glad to hear your shoulder surgery went better than expected. Kudos to Rich for being such a great support! Wishing you a smooth and speedy recovery.

    I just published a new blog post. Check it out here: (https://www.melodyjacob.com/2024/09/watcher-2022-thriller-movie-review.html). Would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to share it if you find it useful.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!

I'm back (For a second anyway)

 Hey all! I'm back for a quick second just to say hi and that I have missed you all! This will be short because I am typing one handed w...