On Saturday, July 25th, we attended my niece Carly's wedding to Chad. The ceremony was at a luxury wedding resort literally in the middle of nowhere. Kind of like a "If you build it, they will come" only with a wedding venue instead of a baseball field!
It was a beautiful wedding.
I took this picture off the internet because I didn't take one while I was there. It's a 2,020 sq ft, 2 bd 2 bath condo. It was not for sale, but Zillow estimate was $364,600.
A sewing machine! This is almost identical to one that my grandmother gave me years ago that I sold at a garage sale for $40! This one was priced at $100.
This is what I bought at this sale:
An OXO Paper towel holder and a Vera Bradley wallet. Total spent: $9
The paper towel holder retails on Amazon for $29.95 so this was a real bargain at $6 and it's in brand new condition!
In other news: I've decided not to keep the White sewing machine my friend gave me. I am going to keep the cabinet though and put the Singer that I found on the curb inside it. It is a really nice sewing machine! You can tell that it was hardly used even though it's almost 50 Years old! It is definitely the find of the century for me!
I'm going to donate the White machine to the Vietnam Veterans Association of America. I've been in contact with them and they will take it!
I'll keep you posted on how this sewing machine switching goes!
Until the next time take care and thanks for reading!
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)









Maxwell really is getting tall! Nice photo. Looks like a beautiful wedding too.
ReplyDeleteI have that very paper towel holder and bought it new - you did good!
An outdoor wedding takes a chance regarding weather. Glad it turnout so well (in spite of the heat). Beautiful bride and groom. I'm glad you were able to get a good family photo taken. It will be a treasure for the rest of your lives.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a nice wedding "in the middle of nowhere". Delightful family pic of you all.
ReplyDeleteI wonder if sewing is making a comeback. I've always felt that sewing machines were such a cool invention.
That looks like a really nice place for a wedding. Very nice family photo. Maxwell will be taller than you soon
ReplyDeleteLooks like a lovely place for a wedding!! Nice to see the family picture.
ReplyDeleteThis is a great family photo. The wedding dress is beautiful! I like your purchases! Is this the kind of paper towel holder that you can tear off with one hand? I have that kind, they work great!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely family photo. It's definitely framable.
ReplyDeleteBoy, I'll say your niece's new husband is handsome! They both make a good looking couple!
ReplyDeleteCarly’s wedding sounds like a dream, and I love that everyone put their phones away to be present.
ReplyDeleteThe family photo is beautiful.
Maxwell really is growing fast!
And what a bargain you found at the estate sale, that OXO holder was a steal.
What a beautiful place for a wedding and I love her gown. Great family picture!! My main set of dishes is white with the silver trim. I just bought plates though and no bowls, cups, etc. Enjoy August!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful venue for a wedding. You got some good deals at the sale. Nice that you were able to have a little reunion with family.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a pretty place for a wedding, but kinda of shame no one was able to get pictures. They'll probably give people the ability to buy them from the professional photographer. Nice find at the sale. Anxious to see and hear about your sewing machine switch.
ReplyDeleteHaving a wedding out in the middle of nowhere at a lovely spot like this is very appealing. It is a shame that they did allow guests to take pictures. I understand wanting everybody to be in the moment, but in the long run, I think they missed the opportunity to get some wonderful candid shots.
ReplyDeleteI love weddings! Those are gorgeous horses. I hope you have a beautiful rest of your month.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great family photo! The grandkids are sure getting big.
ReplyDeleteThe boys are SO tall. The wedding looks lovely; how sweet to have all your kiddos with you at one time.
ReplyDelete