Thanks to Sundry for this end of the year meme. Go visit her and see hers and everyone elses!
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before? Started this blog on blogger.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn't make any and probably won't this year either.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No
4. Did anyone close to you die? My grandmother in March
5. What countries did you visit? Just one, Canada
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? A better car.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Probably January 12th which was my 50th birthday and why? for obvious reasons although it beats the alternative!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Losing 29 pounds
9. What was your biggest failure? Getting diabetes because I was warned two years ago and did not pay attention.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.
11. What was the best thing you bought? My beautiful new family room furniture.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My kids and my husband for being the awesome people that they are!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? A man in my state that beat and raped a 3-month old girl and ANYONE who harmed a innocent person or animal!
14. Where did most of your money go? Into keeping and maintaing our house.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Getting new carpeting, although I wasn't really, really, really excited, just excited!
16. What song will always remind you of 2007? None
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? Happier b) thinner or fatter? Thinner c) richer or poorer? Richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Traveled
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worried and worked
20. How did you spend Christmas? With family of course
21. Did you fall in love in 2007? Been there for a long time
22. What was your favorite TV program? Currently it's Criminal Minds
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I try not to hate anyone but see #13
24. What was the best book you read? Kite Runner, hands down!
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? American Idol, I watched it for the first time this year and really enjoyed it.
26. What did you want and get? New carpet and new furniture.
27. What did you want and not get? A new expensive camera.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? Reign over me, I guess
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? We took my family to Buca de Beppo for dinner and I was (and still am) 50!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? A little less worry about things, especially money.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? Casual and comfortable.
32. What kept you sane? My kitties
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? No one, really no one at all!
34. What political issue stirred you the most? Probably that ridiculous, useless war in Iraq.
35. Who did you miss? My mom, every day.
36. Who was the best new person you met? A few of my co-workers. They are a lot of fun!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007. Life is too short to waste a lot of time worrying about stupid stuff and to take better care of my body and it will take care of me!
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "Every now and then I get a little bit nervous that the best of all the years have gone by"