Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Art Appreciation

In a effort to inject some culture in my township a few years ago, the planning committee decided to let some local or not local artists display some art pieces around town.

Now, I like a pretty picture or sculpture as much as the next person, but I will be the first to admit that I really have no real appreciation for art.

Take this giant sculpture for example.



It sits on the corner of a very busy intersection. It used to be all silver metal but according to the local paper it has "..aged to a rich patina". Ok, I guess so, but it looks like rust to me.

This sculpture is in a strip mall.



I guess it's cheery enough but look at the price tag!



Seriously? $7,500? And this one too.



Price tag.



Whatever!

This one is the most expensive, but it's my favorite by far.



Not because it's all that stunning but because of the awesome title!



Finally someone gets it!

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha, it's all about the MONEY! I agree that the art there is not very spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha I LOVE it!!

    So, are you going to buy it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you Jeanette, I just shake my head over some of it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!