Sunday, August 30, 2009

Probably Not!

Well, one more week of free bus transportation and I will be back to driving myself to and from work once again. I pretty much have decided that I will NOT be signing up for permanent bus transportation. On Friday the bus was a few minutes late and it got me thinking. What if it gets in a traffic jam on the way in and doesn't come until 6:00? I would be going crazy! And in the winter, if the driving is dicey, how late might that bus be? If I have my car I could leave work a little early and yes, I would be cleaning my car off and driving myself, but at least I will be making my way HOME and not sitting waiting for a bus for a extra half-hour. So my decision is made. But I will be taking the bus this week because it gives my car a nice little break, not to mention gas money I saved.

My only other option would be talking my supervisor into letting me work from 7:00-3:30 (a bus picks up at 3:47) but that is not too likely to happen!

My friend and went shopping on Saturday. I spent $127 on two pairs of shoes. Never in my life have I spent that much on shoes, but they are for work and do a lot of walking so I needed good shoes. I expect them to last me for a few years!

In the afternoon on Saturday Rich and I went to Proud Lake State Park to do some of this:



It was nice out, breezy and sunny off and on. We enjoyed it even if we did only find 2 pennies!

We drove to a couple different picnic areas



and through the campground. It looked nice. We used to camp all of the time when I was a kid and when my kids were little. We stopped going when the they got too old to want to go. But I miss it sometimes. I keep thinking we should buy ourselves a little pop up camper and go again!

Today is laundry and cleaning, the usual stuff.

Tomorrow morning I have an appointment at the urologist for my 3-4 month check up. Ugh..I hate those appointments!

6 comments:

Shauna said...

Ill go camping with you:)

Sue said...

It's a shame the bus didn't work out for you, but at least you got a chance to try it. I'm like you...I like going when I want to go. I hate waiting.
Have a great week!

Sally said...

We used to go camping a lot, and enjoyed every minute. I think that's a cool idea!! Love your new header; it IS new isn't it; I'm getting old you know.

Have a good week, my friend! :)

And, Jeanette, thanks so much for your support; it means a lot to me.

Brenda said...

I'd enjoy reading about your camping trips. :-)

My husband takes his "magic wand" (what I call it) out to hunt for treasures when he has time. Those are neat, huh?

Hope you're having a wonderful week!

dabrah said...

Well, now that you've tried the bus, at least you know that isn't what you want. Good luck with the checkup.

Life is good! said...

yep camping is a thing of the past with us also! now my grandchildren go and they love it!