Sunday, May 20, 2018

Getting Rid of Stuff

We're still working on the house. It's going slow but steady. We're hoping to be done and have the house on the market at the end of June.

We've been spending the last few weekends cleaning the basement and closets and getting rid of a lot of stuff  that I have been holding on to for some reason.

Like this dress that Shauna wore when she was 6 and a flower girl in a friends wedding.


It was such a cute dress but it's yellowed and Shauna doesn't want it. Plus, the people who got married were divorced a long time ago!  So, into the garbage it went!

And this coat that belonged to my mom.


She loved it and I have held on to it for all this time! But I will never wear it so into the donation bag it went!

We've donated bags and bags of books, CD's and DVD's to the local library.

So slowly but surely we are making a dent in all of the stuff we accumulated over the years.

Thursday we are having the two windows replaced in the master bedroom. They are wood windows and the wood in the bottom panes is rotted beyond repair. We got 4 quotes and went with H@me Dep@t because they were the least expensive.

Work is going OK. It hasn't been crazy busy lately so it's nice to be able to keep up. The whole Pathology Department is moving off site in a few months. We are relocating about four miles closer to my house which is nice. The best part is that I won't have to take a bus into work from  my parking spot anymore!

Here's a picture of our little Maxwell



He's going to be a big brother! Shauna and Brad are expecting another baby boy in October!

Until the next time....

4 comments:

  1. Oh Maxwell, how I do love you! He's growing, buddy! And, so doggone cute. :)

    Glad to hear things are moving along with getting ready to sell, and then move. I know some things are difficult to get rid of, and I've saved some that probably no one would care about but me.

    So excited about the new baby boy to arrive. Wonderful!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who hangs on to things. I have stuff in my house that only stays because of some sentimental value. I keep saying I need to clean my house as if I was moving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going about the cleaning out in the right way.
    If there is something you're just not sure about keeping or throwing--keep it and later on, you can make up your mind. I once gave away a Cranberry sugar and creamer my Mother had and have regretted it to this day!
    Another boy? They will be such good pals to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! How Maxwell has grown. I need to work harder on this downsizing. It is very depressing!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!