Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Little Getaway

 Last week Rich and I took a little getaway to Traverse City. 

I took a few pictures on the way up of the trees. 



Only about half the trees were changed but they were pretty. 

The weather was sunny and not super cold but the wind was crazy! I usually like to walk along the beach and browse the stores in Downtown TC. Because it was so windy walking on the beach was out of the question, so we browsed a few blocks of stores downtown then went to dinner and back to the hotel to swim and use the hot tub. 

The next day we decided to go to Sleeping Bear Dunes. We hadn't been since the kids were little. 

Our first stop was the Dune Climb. 


It's a big climb and at the top you see more dunes and Lake Michigan in the distance. We opted not to climb it this time but there were quite a few people who did.

Next we wanted to drive the Pierce Stocking Scenic Drive along the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. Because it is a National Park it cost us $25 to drive it but it was so worth the money! 

There was a bunch of places to stop and see the beauty along the way. 



This covered bridge was so pretty with the sun and shadows on it. 

Another place to stop was this view of Glen Lake and Lake Michigan. 




Driving along the winding road takes you higher and higher along the dunes until you reach the top. We parked our car and walked up a small sandy incline to see this sign. 

 

Because on the other side is this drop. If you go down and can't get yourself back up it's going to cost you. When we were there only two people were brave enough to go down to the lake. 



See the two people climbing back up in the picture below? A guy and a girl and the girl was way ahead of the guy! 



The picture shows how steep the dune was! The girl made it to the top while we were watching. 




Everyone clapped and cheered for her when she got to the top. Here she is in the purple shirt resting! I heard her mom say, "Thanks for saving me $3,000!" 

The guy was way behind and you could not even see him yet over the top of the dunes. We didn't stay to watch him and he could still be there for all we know! 

Note to Mari: We tried to see the Little Mac bridge in Manistee on the way back south but it was closed! 

It was a nice to get away for a few days. 

In other news: I had a follow up appointment with the orthopedic surgeon on my shoulder and healing is progressing exactly as it's supposed to be. He figures by the end of the year my range of motion and movement should be 100%. It's a long road! I'm still getting physical therapy twice a week, but I only have one week left and then I'll just do the home exercises. 

Oh and the fall decorations are up at work


I think it looks so pretty! 

That's all for me for now. See you the next time and thanks for stopping by! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!

Little Getaway

 Last week Rich and I took a little getaway to Traverse City.  I took a few pictures on the way up of the trees.  Only about half the trees ...