Thursday, October 7, 2021

Fall (Kind Of)

Well it's officially Fall, at least by the calendar anyway. The temps have been in the 70's most days, which is nice except the humidity has been really high, and that's  uncomfortable at any temperature. Even more so when it's cooler out because it just feels weird! We have yet to be able to close up our air conditioner because you never know when you need to turn it on for a minute to suck the humidity out of the air! 

Maxwell is doing very well in school. He doesn't cry anymore and he tells his mom he is excited to go and has fun. 


Levi just started this week because he was sick when he was supposed to start last week




The first day he just walked in the classroom and started playing. Shauna said he didn't understand that they were leaving him. Then on Wed and today he cried but went in the classroom holding the teacher's hand.

Maxwell goes Monday-Thursday 12-3 and Levi goes Tuesday-Thursday 12-3. Gives Shauna a nice little break!

Sigh...I'm looking forward to pictures from school when they aren't wearing masks! 

I finished putting up the rest of the Fall/Thanksgiving decorations. I decided to add some orange lights to my family room built in this year.


I may see if I can find some more fall leaf garland to add to the lights. It looks a little plain to me. 

Work is going well. Occasionally she asks me to work an extra day to cover for someone. It puts me at 17 hours a week instead of 13 and that's ok. 

And I am enjoying the paychecks, too! I get paid every Friday so I always have a little extra for the weekend! 

A few days ago we went to Bronner's so I could get the boys their personalized Christmas ornaments for this year. We usually go in July but somehow the month got away from us. Between vacation and Chris being in town we just didn't think about it.  If we would have waited too much longer it would have been crazy crowded! One year we went in November and vowed never again! 

That's about it for me for now.

Until the next time stay safe and well, my friends! 





13 comments:

  1. Bronners is so fun! I’ve only ever been in the summer. Yes, it’s sad to see little ones in masks. My daughter opted to skip preschool for her oldest due to Covid as she just had a baby and it seemed risky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right - the weather has been crazy here, and now I hear it's going to be shorts weather this weekend.
    Your decorations are so cute! And Max is even cuter. It's so hard when they cry, my granddaughter did that last year in kindergarten too.
    Bronners is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good photos, and I'm glad he is wearing a mask. Good thing you bought the ornaments, they say there will be a shortage in November.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, Bronner's.... such a popular place. I've never been but know many who have gone & loved it. ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear the boys are adjusting nicely to preschool. Your fall lights look really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not having Grandchildren at school I don't know much about it now but I feel so sad looking at those two beautiful children wearing masks.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do hope your weather becomes more Autumn like. Humidity is NOT *supposed* to go with Autumn. -smile-

    Fun to start decorating. -smile-

    Masks on children! I do feel it is the most HORRID of all the stupid China/Covid *rules* forced on people. Despicable! Evil! 'Rot in hell Evil!

    -me fuming-

    🍂 🎃 😊 🍁 🌰 🌻 🍂

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear the boys are adjusting to preschool.
    My area of Tennessee has a lot of parents outside the schools protesting against the mask mandate, children that refuse to wear a mask are put in isolation away from masked children.
    Your fall decoration look really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like fun!

    I LOVE Bronners. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear your grandkids are adjusting to school.
    It feels like Fall here by me and we are really enjoying the season.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad the boys are doing better with going to school; mama does need a break. I agree on the masks--those poor kiddos!

    I can't even comment on your humidity. Have you been to South Florida? *giggle giggle*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet, precious boys!! I enjoy watching them grow right along with you. You're blessed.

    Love the lights!! Very festive.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fall plus Halloween stuff is hard to find around here this close to Halloween. Its still a COVID thing I think, having issues getting a lot of stuff that the stores order and then it sells out fast cause I don't think places are ordering as much stuff as they used to, they rather force you to order on line these days.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!